We Need to Find the 'Noise Gates' of Our Ears and Re-Activate Them

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paul13, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Paul13
      Nerdy

Paul13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I believe, after reading a lot on the subject, that for the majority of cases, whether normal tinnitus or pulsatile tinnitus, tinnitus is created by a fault of our ear in suppressing the noise made by neural activity in the brain. If this is true we need just to find the ear 'noise suppressor' and re-activate them.

Another second possibility is that the neural activity of the brain is overwhelming the ear gates. In this case maybe this hyper activity of the brain need to be reduced.

However would be, our first priority is to re activate the natural noise gates of our ears.

Where are they? The article below call them thalamic reticular nucleus (TRN). Now, is this true or there is also another gate more close to the ear?... At the end maybe the whole problem is to restart this natural body noise gates!

ps. this is what the article below also implies, a link that I always suspected...

https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/news/2011/tinnitus-what-happens-when-brains-gatekeeper-breaks-down

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
    2. Ian Mc

Ian Mc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown Pulsatile Tinnitus
      Hi Paul13,

I tend to agree with you, I didn't have PT until I heard a few beats in my left ear when I was working in a sound proof room, from there I started to focus intently on my ear and guess what, I now have PT in that ear..., I guess I now need to "un-focus...?

How is your PT these days?
      Rgds
      Ian

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      I've read about this before in case studies. The adjustment of the neural feedback loop responsible for "gain", when in a sound proof room will focus on non adequate blood flow or high thyroid nodule interaction if a condition is present. Before I could hear PT from non adequate blood flow, I would hum the same beats. My main artery involved is the internal jugular vein, but I have other artery condition problems along with thyroid.

• Like Like x 1