Weak and Aching Neck — Would a Cervical Collar Help Me?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Stanlex, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Stanlex
      Wtf

Stanlex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2019 - mild, 03/2021 - the real shit
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Something that cannot be identified by 21st century tech
      Hello,

I have some weird problem with my neck. I would say it started slowly a year ago when we entered lockdown and I was doing school from my bed and my table through my laptop. I think the continuous looking down made my neck broken.

Now I feel like my neck is always hard, like your arm when you hold a barbell, for no reason. It feels like the neck muscles are so weak they have problems even holding my head.

Everytime when I stay or sit for a longer time, my neck starts itching and hurting, it is hard to describe. I also get a headache. When I lie on bed the pain gets relieved a bit. When I sit behind my laptop at home to study, I have to take a break and lie in bed every few minutes because of my neck.

Also when I move my head I get something like micro dizziness during the movement, it is hard to describe.

I don't really know what is it. I would say this may be the source of my tinnitus as well. However, at the physiotherapist they told me I have no spasms on the neck, wtf?

I did some neck exercises which I saw on this forum to relieve tinnitus, but after two-three days I think my neck is even more hard & painful than before, so I quit doing that, at least for a while.

Do you think a cervical collar would help me?