Weird Hiss/Sizzle Noise

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Jun 28, 2014.

1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Hi,
      Just wondering if anyone else experience this weird hiss/sizzling noise, something like shhhhhh/tzzzzzzz, something in between.

It's very noticeable at night, almost as if my whole head has been put into a frying pan full of hot oil.

I feel like French fries:)

When I plug my ears I don't think I can hear it as a clear sound but it's definetly present.

Anyone else?

Could this be due to anxiety?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @valeri,

I understand what you mean about the hissing sound. I have a hissing sound, too. It could be due to anxiety, but it's also true that some of us experience tinnitus as a hissing/sizzling sound. In my case, it's probably the brain trying to make up for the hearing loss at a certain level. Do you know if you have any hearing loss?

It's probably most noticeable at night because that's when everything is quiet, and there are no other distractions.

I certainly sympathize with what you're going through right now. Please know that it may improve as time goes on. Mine has improved quite a bit since the beginning, and I'm hoping yours does, too.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Agree Agree x 1