Weird Tinnitus and Concerts

Discussion in 'Support' started by Komodo, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Komodo
      Disappointed

Komodo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Stress
      Hi, I'm 16 years old and I'm going to this Stone Sour concert (rock). I bought some musical ear plugs and my question is: Is it safe if I use them or it's just a waste of time and I'm still going to damage my ears...

2. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Depends on how close you are to speakers. How loud it is. What sort of ear plugs. How much reduction they provide and so on.

I’ll never go to a concert again though.

3. EarHair

EarHair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012 worsened Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and TMJ and genetics (Mom, Grandpa have it)
      Nothing is guaranteed safe 100% but it will definitely make you safer. Make sure your musicians ear plugs are at least -20db. A guy on this site went to a concert with -11db plugs and made his worse because it doesn't reduce it enough to not damage. -20db should at least get you into the 80s DB level which is a lot safe than the 90s. Stay away from the speaker and go take a breather after 30 or 40 minutes for 10 minutes (hit the washroom grab a drink) to rest your ears for a bit to be extra safe. I'd also recommend taking N-acetyl cisteine and Magnesium starting from a few days before and for a week after, it has been scientifically proven to prevent hearing damage from loud sounds in soldiers and clubber. You can pick up a bottle of each for probably under 40 bucks for both I think.

• Like Like x 1