Welcome to the Club I Guess?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mgstarr100, Dec 16, 2016.

1. mgstarr100

mgstarr100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So thankful I'm not going crazy or if I am I have company. So, like so many others, I have this crazy vibrating hum! Mostly in my left ear and so bizzare but only in my house!! How can that be possible. If I play music or a white noise machine or even run the faucet I can cover it. Again, how can this be possible if it's in my ear?

Anyway, I'm sure it's not in the house because the 1/2 dozen people I've asked don't hear it at all. I'll spare you the search I did to "find" it.

ENT said tinnitus or meneirs?? He prescribed "Lipoflavonoids" which are just vitamins. The pharmacist who I've known for years says they really work but you need to be patient. Could take 2 months (6 pills a day for 2 months!!). I've only been taking them for 2 days since this is fairly recent. But perhaps it can help others??

Me again... I spin and exercise a lot....the spin has a lot of loud music, can that be the cause?

2. Venusa
      Pensive

Venusa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe it's a noise in your house that only you have sensitive enough ears to hear? For example, some humans (usually teens) can hear anti-dog bark devices. It might be a good idea to get a hearing test to be sure.

3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi mgstarr100,

Welcome aboard!

I would first make an appointment with the ENT to get a clinical "okay" that your ears are fine and your hearing is normal.

As for the root cause, it *could* be due to the loud music, a pulled muscle, pinched nerve, stress, or other factors. Hopefully, it will clear up for you soon! Best of luck!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mgstarr100

mgstarr100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks! I actually first thought is was in my house but 1/2 dozen people do not hear it. I at first thought it was perhaps generators keeping large Christmas balloons up and drive around only to find there weren't any in close proximity. It seems to be "ok" in the morning and then comes back and again, for the most part only in my house!! I am trying to hold it together, but really maddening!

I do exercise quite a bit and often have loud music but that could cause this?

I did go to ENT. He said my ears were clear and did some prelim testing and said any/all: TMJ (I wear a guard), tinnitus and/or meniers. UGH!! I am going for 3 hours of baseline hearing tests next week.

He prescribed "Lipoflavonoids" which are just vitamins. The pharmacist who I've known for years says they really work but you need to be patient. Could take 2 months (6 pills a day for 2 months!!). I've only been taking them for 2 days since this is fairly recent. But perhaps it can help others??