Well, Hello There

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TroyW, Mar 5, 2017.

1. TroyW

TroyW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not auew
      Yea. Wow. I just registered to this site finally after years of reading the posts on it. I've had tinnitus since I was 20. It has progressively gotten worse over the years. I've made career decisions because of it.

Gave up on dreams. Which was all fine and dandy until these past 6 months. I can hear it over everything now. Its hard for me to adjust because I was so used to just masking it and now nothing works anymore.

Everyday its growing increasingly more difficult to focus. Even worse my mental health is spiraling out of control. Anxiety and depression are becoming a daily experience. I jump and panic whenever there is a loud noise. Damn near jumped out of my bed the other day when my girlfriends phone made a pop noise.

I'm losing it. I have an ENT appointment Monday but I am afraid they are going to tell me the same thing I was told years ago when I went. Nothing is wrong, learn to live with it. At this rate I am terrified in 5 years it will grow so loud I won't be able to do anything but be consumed by the ringing.

I just don't understand why it keeps getting worse. I protect my hearing to the point people look at me like I am crazy. Every morning I wake up its a little worse then yesterday. I am at my wits ends.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Jenni8619
      Inspired

Jenni8619 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Troy!

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling right now :( I don't have much advice, as I'm new to this forum but I think you came to the right place, I'm sure some of the more experienced members can help you!

Hugs,

Jenni

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TroyW

TroyW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not auew
      No worries, I just read some info on another post you were on and someone was talking about TTTS. This describes me to a T. Crazy. Seems like there are a few new people. I'm hoping that reaching out to other people will at least help me mentally.

• Like Like x 1
    4. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Troy,

Welcome to the forum.

When you go to the ENT, by all means ask him or her to check your hearing. That way you will know where you stand.

Overall, you need to be cognizant about protecting your hearing to the best of your ability by avoiding situations where you knowingly will be exposed to loud noises. At the same time, you need to enjoy life and take one day a time. Y ou mentioned you have a girlfriend so life can't be that bad, right? <grin>

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TroyW

TroyW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not auew
      Well just like with everything, the girlfriend has her own demons. So its up and down, just gotta keep moving forward. Im printing the TTTS info and taking it with me. I match most of it to my surprise. I'm in some sort of shock I didn't learn about this sooner. My chiropractor keeps a log of my adjustments and C1, C2 are always on it. So either he is contributing to the problem or its not being addressed correctly.