Went to Chiropractor — C1, C2 and Jaw Off / Remeron Worsened Tinnitus / Anxiety

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tretred, Dec 24, 2018.

1. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Tretred is your tinnitus still a hiss right now? Has it gotten better? How loud is it on a scale of 1 to 10? Is your tinnitus somatic?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tretred

Tretred Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Remeron/stress/back issues?
      @MarkX yes it is still a hiss which is good. I do have a ring that comes and goes but so much better than it was. I think I would rate it a 3, I really only hear it a lot when its quiet. Not sure if it is somatic but the chiro is definitely helping. I'm also in a better place mentally and I think that has a lot to do with getting better as well.

• Like Like x 2
    3. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Tretred that's good your is a 3. Mine is still about an 8. Very hard to deal with. But I’m hoping with time it will reduce to a 3 which would be great.

Does your chiro only do upper cervical adjustments or others as well?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tretred

Tretred Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MarkX the way it was explained to me was if your top spine is off, then it throws everything off. He works very gently on my lower back, this helped my pelvis. It used to feel like my hip was out of place and made like a click when I walked. I no longer have that. I get a very easy adjustment on my top spine, no head twisting. My right jaw no longer clicks and the left side is about 90% better. I know they do other stuff in the office but that's the treatment I currently get and I am very happy with the results.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tretred

Tretred Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MarkX do you know what caused your tinnitus?

6. agal123

agal123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      @Tretred This forum is what led me to try acupuncture! It is a great resource. In addition to my jaw issues, my trapezius muscle on my left side and my neck on the left side have always felt sore, and I learned in this forum that can play into ear issues as well. So my chiro and acupuncturist work on those muscles in addition to everything else. At the end of August, I'll be hitting the one year mark of all this stuff starting. I am just happy it doesn't take over my life anymore. I agree if our experiences can help anybody that would be great.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey, just saw your post. I am so glad your tinnitus was reduced and your anxiety got way less. Did the hiss every go away? Do you think the chiropractor helped your tinnitus? Also, do you think the chiropractor's adjustments helped your depression?