Went to the Doctor Today for Some Allergy Tests — Can Food Allergy Cause Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by christine kauhane, Sep 20, 2013.

1. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      i went to my doctors today to do some test to see if i'm allergic to certain foods , and guess what i am , i didnt even know but the side affect to them was not that bad that i really did not take notice to them ?? She asked me if i had nausal problums and i told her that my right side of my face seems pluged for the past 3 months she looked up my nose and said that inside of my nose area was inflamed?? thats the same side my T is on.. I'm allergic to 5 foods and i have been eating them and i was thinking maybe this could be causeing my T ?? any one knows if this could be possible, she has me going to do a catscan on my right side of face to check it out ... i told her i went to see a ENT doctor but he never looked on my right side just my left ???? and he was told about my T weired ???? she gave my nose spay to see if that helps???...

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hmmm interesting ! Pls do keep us updated. Certain foods do spike my T.

3. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have read that quite a few people has their T reduced significantly after eliminating food that they are allergic to. A guy even totally get rid of his T that lasted for 3 months after applying nasal spray.
      Try to eliminate those food and use the nasal spray and please let us know how you are doing after that :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      i sure will,today is day 3 of noise spray and not eating those foods im allergic too and my T seems lower, it was low and i didnt have to wear my masking device.. praying for healing ...

• Like Like x 1
    5. Vkis

Vkis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/16/2012
      Whatever the cause is. Elemenaiting of the cause doesn't cure T.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      vkis wheres the faith?? you never know i belive
      one day my T will go away just like it came ,,,,,,,

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      That's a good sign christine, keep it up!

8. Jill Edmonds
      Artistic

Jill Edmonds Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2003
      Sherri - what foods spike your tinnitus?

9. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Jill, a lot of food ! Sugar, salt, caffeine, red pepper , cheese,even an apple due to the sugar content, anything with citric acid. I'm avoiding gluten, yeast and trying to eat healthy food only and organic.

10. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      @christine kauhane - keep me posted hun. I'm going through something similar so please feel free to send me a private message if you prefer and we can chat.
      I've found out I have "moderate sinus disease", issues with my turbinates and septum and a dust mite allergy. I'm on a nose spray now too and praying I can somehow avoid surgery!
      Part if me is praying my T is related!

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      hi amelia, well so far i try and stay away from those foods which my test came out positive for allergies , and still got the T but not has bad, i still do he nose spray but not every day,, i wish you luck..

12. AndreaM

AndreaM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @christine kauhane what were your final thoughts on the food allergies? Did giving up those foods end up helping you?

13. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey, I was wondering if you tried to cut back on some kinds of foods. I think that food can have an effect on my T and/or my emotions. Haven't yet figured it all out yet but I have some ideas.