Went to the ENT Again...Just an Update

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brittany, Mar 2, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Hello again! So I went back to the ENT on Thursday and I had been dreading it all week because I was going to take a hearing test. I was for sure that I had hearing loss of some sort (I'm guilty of listening to music on high...never again) but both the ENT and the woman testing me said I had perfect hearing, "crystal clear" they said xD So I was happy to hear that. Realizing that my hearing was fine, the ENT observed my ear, nose, and throat and said everything looked fine. I wrote down my symptoms and gave them to him and he noticed I was having regular head aches and neck and jaw pain. He seems pretty convinced that it's playing apart in my ringing and I think he may be right. I have severe scoliosis and my neck is usually stiff when I wake up and lately the pain has intensified. He's thinking that maybe I injured my neck somehow or maybe have bruxism and that it's contributing to it. For now, I am on Dymistia and a steroid pack (methylprednisolone) and was told to return in two weeks. If the problem isn't solved, which I don't think I have any improvements so far, then I'll get an MRI and CT Scan.
      As far as the T goes, I've found a wonderful cricket masker ( here, if you want it:
      Midnight Serenade 11 Hours -Sounds of Nature...
      ) and the sound is pretty dull now. Really the only thing that bothers me is the neck pain and sensitivity..also the headaches and teeth pain are a pain in the ass Dx But yeah, just trucking along. Tired of being in pain but i have hopes that it'll get better :) Just thought I'd give an update, needed to get this off my chest. I'm off to bed, so have a great morning/night, bye~

• Like Like x 1
    2. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      I really hope things work out and your ringing goes away. tinnitus is so frustrating.

3. MikeS
      Mellow

MikeS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident
      Maybe your T is due to muscle spasms in your neck. Have you tried a muscle relaxer?

4. Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      I have not, I'm a little worried to without a doctor's permission but I've definitely considered it. I've got anxiety, so my neck and jaw are usually tense..might help a lot, idk xD

5. Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Thanks :) And so true! The ringing hardly bothers me, mostly just the other symptoms now