What Do I Do? Putting Beans in My Ears Was the Worst Decision of My Life

Discussion in 'Support' started by yanook, Jan 24, 2017.

1. yanook
      Banhappy

yanook Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4th grade
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      beads in years
      In 4th grade music class, we were making maracas with coffee beans, and I put them in both my ears because I was stupid. I panicked and thought they would fall out, which they did in 6th grade.

Ever since then, it has been harder for me to go to sleep because of the noise.

I finally consulted a doctor in 7th grade, and he recommended for me to take melatonin. The doctor also checked for beans and said there weren't any.

What I am worried about, is that my ringing in my ears is becoming worse. When I am in a quiet room, I can definitely hear the ringing more clearly.

Also, when I sleep putting my fan on the setting of 1 would mask the sound in my ears, but even if I put it on 3 I can still hear it.

Is there anything I should do? I am really getting worried.

Putting the beans in my ears has been the worst decision of my life and I think about it every day. Thanks for the help guys.

2. Cameron C
      Psychedelic

Cameron C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-Induced (Car Subs/Earbuds)
      Hold up, you filled both your ears up with beans, left them in your ears for 2 years, developed tinnitus (or did you when you had the beans in your ears?), and didnt get it checked until a year later? Yeah bro I'd go check out an ENT ASAP. Dont go by loud places. Use background noise to mask your T until it heals. Best of luck to ya

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      We all do silly things some times and sorry to hear you have tinnitus .
      When masking tinnitus keep it lower than your tinnitus so your brain works hard pick up the lower sound and learns your brain not to focus on your tinnitus.
      You could see your doctor to be put on a low antidepressant for sleep and nowhere near the therapeutic dose for depression so don't worry.
      Nortriptyline or Amitryptaline can help tinnitus for some people also....lots of love glynis