What Does Tinnitus From High Blood Pressure Sound Like?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Penelope33, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      Just wondering if anyone has t from high blood pressure? What it sounds like? Morse code, white noise etc ....

Mine is from excessive orgasm, crazy I know but I think the negative effect of it was major high blood pressure in my head/ ears. So wondering if anyone's was caused by high bp what yours sounds like. Just to compare really . I have white noise in both ears, morse cued in both as well as other tones.... Truly horrendous

2. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I talked to a guy who had Tinnitus from high blood pressure and he described his Tinnitus as "hearing the blood flow in his ear" which makes sense I guess. From my understanding Tinnitus that comes from high blood pressure can be treated by taking blood pressure lowering medication. That's also what this guy did and his Tinnitus went away as long as he stayed on the medication. I don't know if yours is related to high blood pressure though, because your blood pressure is normal again now I would say so your Tinnitus shouldn't really be connected to high blood pressure, or is it still high?

3. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Perhaps it's the lack of oxygen during the time the body is straining. For example I know people often get tinnitus (if only for a brief time) when lifting weights at the gym and not breathing properly. I actually think that's how mine got worse some years ago, but then again it's just my theory.
      Does it sound similar to what you went through?

4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Penelope, would you be interested in a short term but serious relationship.

• Funny Funny x 1
    5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      My tinnitus was made worse by blood pressure, or blood pressure medication; I'm not entirely sure which. And, yes, mine is just like you described, Seal. I have both a high-pitched hissing, and a pulsatile sound.

In my case, however, I got off the blood pressure medication because of the side effects. My blood pressure is now normal, so I don't need to take the meds any more. So --- I am stuck with the pulsatile sound.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      I suppose if you are mastubating then a certain amount of holding your breath happens. I have perfect hearing after ENT audiology tests, no hearing loss at all. Just seems so cruel to get this from something so natural, and what about those who preform tantric sex?!! I bet they don't get this ! :-(

7. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Maybe we're genetically predisposed to get tinnitus. Some people go to war zones and don't get tinnitus, some go to concerts and listen to loud music and don't get it. I've had my share of Why me's as well.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      Yes maybe, I am in the whole why me stage right now, really not a healthy place to be. :-(

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. linda moore

linda moore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      If there is a Why me, why don't you ask yourself , how come and did I contribute to it ?
      In my case I can honestly say thirty years ago I smoked a few joints a day for ten years, held a high powered job too, always listned to high volume rock music., car , home ,concerts...
      So every day I look for new ways to combat it, I now keep the volume down, don't smoke or drink, anything to contribute to blood flow ie Swimming , walking and Sex lol x

10. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Not before me brother. I will add, I have special skills for this very condition.;)

Penelope...are you sure your blood pressure spikes during your big O?