What Exactly Is Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by strato2009, Jun 17, 2016.

1. strato2009

strato2009 Member

I am talking about the most common high pitch ringing type of tinnitus most people get

Some people tell it's the hearing hair cells damaged, but is there proof?

I would like to know what causes the sound in our ears/heads since I can't find solid info on this.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      It's the damage that either internal causes ( like certain medications ) or external causes ( like Concerts, other high level and high frequency noises ..that God never intended for the Human Ear to tolerate ) that you've exposed your Ears too.

It's the SCARS on your Ear Nerve, that you will now have to work your Entire Life to not aggravate ( if you want some level of Relief at least ) while your Ear Nerve heals. And unfortunately Nerves heal Very Slowly.

It's the deterioration of your Ear Nerve, similar to Type II diabetics have deteriorated their cells/ chemistry ....And your Body ( in this case your Ear Nerve ) is no longer ' like new '.

Pray that your body will heal itself.

I was scared as HELL when i thought it was the inner ear hair cells damaged thing too.

I honestly don't believe that now. Because my Ears are Quiet these days. They only Ring i get is when i eat Foods with MSG ( like a Jack N the Box Chicken Sandwich ) ..and don't exercise and swim almost daily.

Then i can hear all the Scars on my Ear Nerve again ( to a lessor extent of course

I live a life pretty much free from Speakers. Except for a little iPod and headphones. I use my cell phone on speaker phone and keep it away from my head / ears.

It's kinda of a crazy thought, to think that i probably never will go in a Movie Theatre again. Or to a Concert. Or to a Bar, with loud music. ..........Or what RREEEEEEALLLY has me pissed, to a Gentlemen's Club that has Pro Audo equipment/ speakers playing. ( there's still quiet massage parlors )

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      strato2009

strato2009 Member

Is there scientific studies that prove the source of the noise?

4. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Dr. Jay Hobbs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Blessed to not have...often
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      @strato2009 I have video that describes the likely mechanism of tinnitus development in the MOST common cause (adaptation to partial hearing loss):
      Money-back Guarantee: Tinnitus Reduction by...

For the science behind this mechanism, I have a series of videos addressing this:
      Tinnitus Questions Answered - video series

The original science came from phantom limb pain studies using functional MRI (fMRI) showing changes before and after. One of the early studies that made the cortical reorganization-to-tinnitus connection was: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC21510/. I was strongly influenced and inspired by another study that showed how we could change back this cortical reorganization as we decreased the tinnitus perception and distress: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18587591

For the second most common mechanism (nerve irritation in muscles with waste product build-up, aka trigger points), I will be explaining that in videos in the near future.