What Meds to Take for Tinnitus and High Blood Pressure?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Petloy, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      The past 2 days I have a feeling of lightheadedness and today a mild headache, I took my B/P today when I woke up 3 times and it was ranging from 160-162/80-93. I'm going to my Primary Doctor today, if I need to take a B/P medication what can you guys recommend in your experiences of course, which won't spike our T?? Thanks for the replies.

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Peter, I have had BP issues in the past and I do a few things to help alleviate it: low sodium diet (sodium can raise BP), low/no caffeine (caffeine can raise BP), Regular Exercise (lowers BP), COQ10 supplement (show to reduce BP by up to 17 points and good for heart), Hibiscus Tea (lowered BP 7pts in studies over 6 weeks), listen to music, take up a hobby, slow breathing....

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      UPDATE: Just went to my MD, my doctor didn't prescribed B/P meds for me...My B/P went down at the clinic at 143/80 then 138/83 but my slight headache and light headedness remains so my MD concluded it must not be caused by hypertension, he told me to take Tylenol 325 mg which I did an hour ago (no spike whew!) and he referred me to a neurologist, I'm seeing my ENT tomorrow. Thanks Erik! I started running again 3-4x a week for 2 weeks now, now just need to watch my diet too. My doctor also told me to take Niacin (flush Free) 500 mg daily to help with my cholesterol. I will keep you all posted with my next lab results next month!

4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Good job Peter, you're on the right track!