What to Do if I Catch the Flu

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rube, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Hi everyone,
      I tried a quick search but can only do so much on my phone. But the flu has been making the rounds with some Co workers and just in general it is flu season. I don't get flu shots but I make sure to keep away from people who r sick, I constantly wash hands before I touch my face or eat. But let's say one does catch the flu, what medicine if any should you take? Is Tamiflu good to take? Is it ototoxic ? Is there anything else that can help? Theraflu maybe?

2. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      don't take anything, you'll be fine in a week however if you take tamiflu you'll be fine in a week aswell ...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Thanks. What about if a fever is involved. Wouldn't taking advil or something help bring that down a bit?

4. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      personally i take a paracetamol pill (500mg) in case of very high fever 39°C + , most of the time if i'm sick and it is not dangerous i simply don't take anything.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Thanks. That's also one of the active ingredients in theraflu but at 1000mg. As I'm very leary of taking meds for fear of aggravating t, would taking high doses of paracetamol have any negative effects?

6. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013