What to Try within the First 3 Months After Onset?

Discussion in 'Support' started by John_415, Mar 1, 2018.

1. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey all!

I have had light tinnitus for a little more then 2 months now, in 19 days I will be at the 3 month mark. Tinnitus is considered chronic at that time.

So far I have had 2 courses of prednisolone and currently I am doing 10 HBOT treatments. Tinnitus noise level has decreased a lot since onset and I have good hopes of HBOT doing some good as well.
      I am eating veggies like a rabbit and eat low amounts of salt and sugar so I think I have that covered.

So... not to think negatively but, just in case, when im done with HBOT, some of the remaining T still manages to keep a foothold, I am wondering what other things I could throw at it??

2. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      I see that you have noise induced so I'm not entirely sure you're T will benefit directly from my recommendations. I'm still not entirely sure what caused my T, but I like physiotherapy as it addresses a lot of issues around the neck, jaw, and ear and it provides my ears a bit of relief with fullness and pain, along with sensitivity to sounds. I also have reduced T for a few days after treatment. Some people find that acupuncture helps. I did not unfortunately. Chiropractor visits had a positive impact, for a short time, but no lasting impact. I gave up on that, but will pursue an upper cervical chiro in the near future for more work.

Jury is still out on supplements... And I'm on a lot of them!

3. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Do not expose yourself to loud sounds or let the doctors/ENT preform ear tests on you. I had mild T and no hearing loss before i did some ear tests, now i hear less (mild hearing loss) and have moderate tinnitus which is a high pitched dentist drill, before that i had no problems with tinnitus at all, it was quite mild.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is an urban legend.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Well not tried is always a miss I would say.
      If physiotherapy is covered by insurance im sure I will give it a try for a couple sessions.
      What I read on acupuncture is that it could help but mostly does not do anything if its noise induced. It is however, covered by insurance here in Holland so il probably go try that some time.

I am remembering your advice;). Just 2 days ago I had a hearing test and had to wear big headphones in a small closed off room, I immediately asked if there where no loud sounds. No the nurse said. I then asked again: so its gonna be only very soft barely hearable noises right? Yes she said. So then I did the hearing test and it was all good.
      If my ENT wants to put me on any bigger tests/ big machines il probably refuse or think very hard and check anything and everything about it before doing such tests. The hearing tests results where fine btw, no abnormalities. T is mainly in my better 'left' ear.
      I also have some prednisolone in the house in the unlikely event of an increase, I can order more of it with one phone call to my ENT, so everything is in place for the worst case scenario.

Agreed, insurance company's must place the bar somewhere.

• Like Like x 2