What's the Difference Between Neuromonics and AudioNotch?

Discussion in 'Support' started by ezzy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ezzy

ezzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paxil?
      Perhaps this has been posted before, in which case could someone refer me to the proper msg? I am wondering what the difference is between neuromonics and notched sound therapy like audionotch? I got a coupon yesterday for a discount on neuromonics, although it is quite small compared to the 5+ grand the system costs. Am trying audionotch at the moment but wondering if neurmonics would be worth the investment?

2. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      There is a dedicated thread on Neuromonics here:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/neuromonics.1378/

A fair bit to wade though, but worth it if you are thinking of spending that much money. I would be sceptical about it. I haven't read the whole thread but what I did read was not encouraging (eg. try the last page).

3. @ezzy I wrote some posts about Neuromonics on the Neuromonics thread, on the last page. I did not have good luck with the treatment, my audiologist marketing it, or the company itself. But everyone is different. I feel like I wasted $5000 that could have been spent better elsewhere. I thought it would give me hope that I was doing something for myself, but it was a bad experience. That is just my experience.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ezzy

ezzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paxil?
      Thanks for letting me know.