Wheatgrass Swishing Protocol for Gum Health May Help Some Inner Ear Problems & Possibly Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Lane, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I was doing some research on swishing wheatgrass powder in the mouth for all different types of oral health, such as gums, cavities, and other infections. The below linked video listed a number of things it's all good for. At #14 (where below video starts), he mentions it can be good for sinus infections. My first thought was that could be helpful information for some on this forum who deal the sinus infections and associated tinnitus spikes.

Then at #15, he mentions it can be helpful for inner ear problems, and specifically mentions tinnitus. It all makes sense to me, and I can easily see how it could be helpful for some on this forum whose tinnitus is being caused by some kind of infection or dysfunction in the oral or Eustachian tube area(s). I will say that after swishing wheatgrass juice powder in my mouth last night and this morning, a gum infection I had has almost completely disappeared. I added a bit of sodium ascorbate powder to the mixture.

I can also see where somebody might want to consider using this protocol to prevent many types of oral infections, including cavities. I doubt anybody would ever need a root canal if they did this regularly.

Natural Treatment: for Receding Gums (Wheatgrass)

• Informative Informative x 3
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Below is a link to another video which references potential tinnitus relief (at about the 3:00 min. mark where the link will take you). The entire 10-minute is quite interesting, and has given me a lot more tips and information on how I can expand on my current 5+ minutes a day of massaging my face, ear, neck, and spinal areas. I've come to believe that doing my daily massage techniques has slowly but surely helped me overcome the worst of my tinnitus and hyperacusis.

Eustachian Tube Dysfunction ETD Exercises and Massage Techniques for Ear Fullness

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      More references to improvements in tinnitus, this time with endo-nasal cranial adjusting and laser treatment. I did the endo-nasal adjustment regularly, 1-2x/year before I got tinnitus, but have not done it since over concerns it may make things worse. But I'm currently leaning toward doing it again since I've seen a number of reports of it helping tinnitus. Like the previous video, the one below is done by Adam Fields, DC.

Eustachian Tube Dysfunction - Other remedies to try

Testimonial (30 seconds) by woman who got tinnitus relief after endo-nasal cranial adjustment.

Migraines helped with a "side effect" of tinnitus relief

Relief from Meniere's Disease and tinnitus (1 min.)

8 Years of Meniere's Disease Helped with Cranial Adjusting by Dr Fields

4. bobthebuilder
      No Mood

bobthebuilder Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      amitriptyline, hidden hearing loss, whiplash (?), stress (?)
      Fair warning - my experience is that Adam Fields is a quack who made my situation way, way worse with his "endo-nasal" cranial adjusting. He actually CAUSED severe Eustachian tube dysfunction and TMJ problems for me that I never had before he stuck those latex balloons down my nose and crushed the delicate structures in the nasopharynx.

The whole concept of "endo-nasal" cranial adjusting is nonsense and actually rather dangerous (though I understand how appealing it may seem!). I flew out to see him to do it to me, out of sheer desperation, soon after my tinnitus first started.

There may be some value in the non-invasive exercises he is promoting, no harm in trying. But DO NOT let him (or any other chiropractor) do something as invasive as "endo-nasal" adjusting on you.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1