Why Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by screwtape, Mar 7, 2011.

1. screwtape

screwtape Member

Hi, i to am new to this forum, been with loud intrusive tinnitus for nearly 4 years now, feel most of the time like its not real, or maybe like its been this way all along. My tinnitus i can desribe as sounding like the sound of silence turned up to near full blast.
      I don't consider the thought that i've got this till i die, i moreso consider what sort of day i'm going to get, will i meet people, forget myself, this sound, this surreal existance.
      Of course, the answer to my title must be 'why not me', so this is part of my destiny, it doesn't physically hurt me, but i just feel so removed from others, almost shut off at times.
      We can wallow in ourselves or we can get on with this slightly impaired life, but just when i feel i'm rolling again, i run out of steam, feel so tired, or it spikes.
      I don't fear the end . folks, my body's burnt out, i'm aging, my heads full of this thing, so many un necessary faults i can leave behind, but in the meantime i can still grab at whats left out there, the fun of being alive, in this beautiful world, to feel for others, to feel emotion, enjoy a good laugh, and i mean one thats meant in a good way, and to do my bit whenever i can, so there i am

2. Kasper
      Jaded

Kasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown cause (idiopathic)
      ...Sorry ...to hear that. I feel the exact same way. I'm not panicking or anything but I feel tired of this Tinnitus and when things get worse it gets me waaay down. (This is an old post but I thought to reply anyway)