Announcement Win $50 iHerb.com Shopping Spree [Winner Has Been Chosen]

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Tinnitus Talk, Feb 13, 2012.

1. I'm proud to announce Tinnitus Talk's first ever contest.

The prize is $50 worth of shopping of your choosing from iHerb.com.

The rules are simple. The rules are pretty simple.

You can enter into the contest by writing a reply to Mack Hagood's discussion where he asks when and how your tinnitus started and what treatments have you tried. He's doing dissertation research and will most definitely find your input valuable. Each individual can get only one entry to the drawing, so multiple replies don't increase your chances of winning. Please spend a few minutes writing about your tinnitus: when and how it started and how have you tried to alleviate it. You can write more if you want, e.g. how it currently affects your life. Just tell about your tinnitus like you normally would even if there were no contest.

While you can be located anywhere in the world, you might want to make sure iHerb.com ships to your country (they ship to over 180 countries). You can check that by adding an item to your shopping cart and choosing your country from the drop-down list in the shopping cart. If you win and iHerb can't ship to your country, a new winner will be drawn.

Be advised that I'll be acting as a middleman, so if you win you need to tell me what products you want and also the shipping address you want the products shipped to. I won't disclose that information to anyone ever, but if you want to maintain complete anonymity, then you will need to skip this competition. However, you are still more than welcome to write a reply and help out Mack's dissertation research: in case you win and don't want the products, then you can either choose another Tinnitus Talk member to hand out your prize to or if you don't want to, I can draw another winner myself.

If you are located outside of the US, you are limited to a total shopping cart weight of 4 pounds (1814 grams). The shipping fee is $4 and is included in the $50 — so you'll have $46 to spend on products.
      If you live in the US, the shipping fee is $0 and you have the whole $50 to spend on products.

While replies to the aforementioned discussion will be much appreciated even after, the last day to take part in this contest will be Saturday, March 24th, 23.59 UTC.
      On March 25th I will go over the discussion, take into account one reply per one person and then use random.org which will give me a random number between 1 and x (x being the last entry), and the winner will be the person who is matched with the random number.

I will announce the winner's username here on the forums and also contact him/her privately via the email address they used when registering to Tinnitus Talk.

iHerb.com isn't affiliated with this contest in any way or capacity. Neither is Mack Hagood. I'd like to encourage as many as possible to write about their experience and history with tinnitus and also to thank one lucky person with the shopping spree.

A few words about iHerb.com in general.

iHerb is located in Moreno Valley, California, US.

I've personally ordered over 120 times from iHerb during the past 3 years. Not once have I been disappointed by their service. Well, the shipping fee is only $4 to Finland. That's cheaper than what it costs in Finland to send a package within the country borders. I've always got my orders in timely manner and the free samples they have available are great.

Then again, iHerb is pretty popular among Finns. Google Trends agree.

Save $10 off your first order!
      iHerb does also have a Rewards Program which means that if you have never before ordered from them and you go shopping using this link, you'll get a $10 discount on the total value of your first order (order needs to be worth $40 or more) and at the same time I get a couple of percents in "Rewards" of your order value. Which in return means that I'll be able to run these kinds of contests here on Tinnitus Talk in the future too. Everybody wins, I'd like to think.

Last but not least, what do you think about a contest like this? Does it fit the atmosphere of Tinnitus Talk? We'll see how well this is taken and if the majority likes a little contest like this every now and then, then we'll have more of these down the road.

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      The Winner Is...
      Karen!

Even though the stated value was $50, in the end Karen was allowed to spend a total of $71.18 at iHerb. Congratulations! :X3:

You can watch the screencast I made which shows how the winner was chosen :)

Tinnitus Talk's $50 iHerb.com Winner Is...

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Thank you, Markku!! I'm pleased to have won the very first Tinnitus Talk contest! It was interesting reading everyone's comments about how their tinnitus started, and I'm glad to be a part of the Tinnitus Talk "family"!

• Like Like x 1
    4. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Congrats Karen!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    5. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks, Jim! Hope Tinnitus Talk has more contests in the future!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      iHerb is known to be fast, did you already receive your package?

Since people tend to be curious, why not take a picture of what you got & attach it here when you've got the time & by no means also write product recommendations. Of course I know what you ordered and I really need to stock up on coconut oil soon myself :) :love:

Oh and I'm already thinking about future contests... these are fun!

7. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, I did! I received the package yesterday afternoon. Thanks; I ordered some items that I enjoy using, such as coconut oil and fish oil. I'm pleased to be the winner of the first Tinnitus Talk contest!

• Like Like x 1
    8. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      100_0578.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    9. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Yea, I just got your email but it seems you managed to be just enough of a techie after all!

great!

10. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks again, Markku!:)