Words of Encouragement

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jake, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Jake
      Irritated

Jake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      I first got tinnitus about 3 months ago. At the time, I thought my life was completely over. I was angry, confused, and depressed. When I first stumbled upon this amazing site, I found encouraging words telling me that "it will get better" and that "it gets easier and easier to deal with" over time. I honestly thought that it was a bunch of bull. But I am here to tell you that if you are struggling or in a rough spot, IT WILL GET BETTER/EASIER! I feel like I'm obligated to send some encouraging words to people who were in my same position. Trust me, I still have some bad T days. But even though they suck, they are SO much easier to deal with than when this first started. DON'T LOSE HOPE! Even more encouraging is the fact that a cure/treatment is right around the corner! Until then, lets all make T our slave and take back our lives! We can do this!

• Like Like x 6
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Thanks for the positive post, Jake.

You're living proof of how it most of the time goes. The first months can be tough, but gradually it does get better - for the significant majority.

At first it can feel ridiculous when others suggest that it gets better. Newcomers, trust the veterans!

Truly happy for you, and am glad to see the right attitude!

3. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Thank you! I'm new to Tinnitus. Today was a little louder than the day before. In the short time I've been dealing with this, it has gone down some already. I'm grateful for the quieter days and I'm finding little ways that work for me to get through each day. I take a walk in nature, the rustling leaves and chirpy birds take my focus. When inside I leave the tv on and keep myself busy. The first week or so, all I could do was listen to the high pitched ring in my ear, it was hard to concentrate on anything. I do the things I love and if even for a moment I forget about it, it's so worth it.