YOGURT MASTER

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kyle, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Kyle
      Smoking joe

Kyle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Howdy everyone my name's Kyle and Ive been dealing with T on and off for god knows how long, but it became a permanent fixture in my life very recently. I work in food production making Bulgarian Yogurt and vegan and vegetarian foods and it can get quite loud in the yogurt room if your not wearing protection. Funnily enough the T came on after almost a month of not being in said loud room. I had mess my arm up pretty good and was put on light duty. So my days are pretty good work wise and volume wise, but then one day it came on as I was going to sleep. When I awoke it was gone and I thought nothing of it, but that same night as I was going to bed it came back and this persisted for a few days til one day I woke up and it wouldn't go away.

It seems to only be in my right hear and I haven't noticed hearing loss, but I have started to get wicked headaches on the right side of my head and stiff neck. I can't eat. The smell of food makes me nauseated and dry heave and a few other on and off issues as well. Ive been force feeding myself though. Not eating is crazy of course. My GP said I have TMJ, but I don't know if that's the whole picture.

This past Sunday I was taken to the hospital and had to be sedated because I was so overcome with anxiety.
      So now I'm taking Ativan (1mg) daily and Im on a course of Methylprednisolone for the TMJ and I sleep with a mouth guard to stem the prodigious clenching.

Im very greatful to have found this forum as it as helped me greatly reading ya'll stories and now knowing that Im not going crazy and that it potentially will get better.

Thank you.

-Kyle

2. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi Kyle.

Im so happy to hear that you find this forum helpful :)

And yeah.. We have to hang in there.. I had those damn headaches myself.. But it has gotten a lot better, both my T and the headaches.

Hope you are doing ok :)

Best wishes :)

3. Littlebailey

Littlebailey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      That sounds rough. Have you followed up on the TMJ possibilty? You should definitely exhaust all possibilities, in case your's treatable.

Either way, stay strong and keep the faith. You can survive and eventually habituate.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kyle
      Smoking joe

Kyle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Thank you Mr. Cartman.
      I'm doing okay now. Its there, but Im trying to be positive about it.

I'm going to the ENT tomorrow and Im hoping to find out more.
      Yeah I'm focused on the TMJ right now since its the only lead I have as of right now.
      I don't think hes incorrect by any means, but considering the multitude of other symptoms
      I'm experiencing Im just not sure if that is the root cause.

I'm optimistic though. Thank you for the kind words. It mean alot to me. :)

5. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

It's kinda interesting that you are talking about a multitude of other symptoms, because those were brought to me as well.

Everything from headaches, feeling of a tight upper jaw, pain in and around my ears, H, weird clicking sounds that seemed to originate from muscles around my head, you name it.. But my T was induced by a bomb blast.

But the good news though, is that it has improved dramatically over the past months :)

Yeah, im optimistic too! It will get better! :)