Young with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kazue, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm 15 with tinnitus. It came nearly 2 weeks ago out the blue, probably due to loud music and places. I will admit that I have abused my poor ears over the years. I got my taste of temporary tinnitus after sitting behind a speaker. Now I'm stuck with it permanently. Went the urgent care and they said my eardrum membrane is pink and I have fluid behind my eardrum. Gave me some penicillin and I'm taking antihistamines to clear up the fluid and here I am still with the ringing. I also caught a cold so that's making it even worse. I'm going to an ENT to see if my hearing is worse now. I have at least 75% of my hearing back now. Still sounds a bit clogged up now. I have hope that my ears are fine because I woke up to silence for 2 days straight for a few minutes. Any other similar stories?

2. Tim Hogan
      No Mood

Tim Hogan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/Flu (Minor) >>> Botched Acoustic Reflex Test (Severe)
      ul probably be fine cos ur young, sounds minor, just take this as a lesson and dont ruin your ears like most of us have

3. Karam

Karam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Im 15 too, youll be fine. Im going through a spike right now with a new sound in my head, hoping it will go :(

4. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      Agree with @Tim Hogan . I imagine your case is temporary and it will recede time. Don't ruin your ears like so many of us have here or it will be permanent. Use protection when you go to concerts or other loud places. Don't crank up your headphones. Take antibiotics sparingly.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah. I thought since I was young, I'd be temporary. But nope. This isn't going away. I've been listening to music since I was 8-9. I go to loud parades and festivities all the time. I have abused my ears to no repair. It's not a loud sound until something loud annoys it. I'll be wearing ear protection once my cold goes away.