14 Months... Has Anyone Had Relief Take a Long Time? (Not Just Habituation)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Stew, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Stew
      Confused

Stew Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi:

I have had Tinnitus for quite some time, but about 14 months ago I went to an outdoor networking event and didn't wear my earplugs. As a result my tinnitus has gotten worse. It is really sensitive to motors and every time I spent time outside I have a day or 2 of increased noise. 15 years ago I got Tinnitus and it receded quite a bit and my ears stabilized, but this time it keeps shifting. SO the question is....

Has any one had over a long time their tinnitus reduced in intensity? I would like to hear about any journeys that have resulted in some relief over more than a year.

BTW I know I am grasping at straws and maybe just irritable from suffering a whole weekend from 3 hours at a museum, but my tinnitus is really reactive now.

Thanks

Stew

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Stew If I were you I would get a referral to an ENT clinic for tests and then see a hearing therapist for treatment. You are describing hyperaucusis (sensitivity to sound) click on the link below to find out more about tinnitus, treatment, and hyperacusis. Keep a way from loud sounds and most importantly don't listen to music through headphones even at low volume. Use a sound machine at night by your bedside. More is explained in the link below.
      Best of luck
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/an-introduction-to-tinnitus.12100/