15+ Years of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by WeirdTFigure, May 8, 2017.

1. WeirdTFigure

WeirdTFigure Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2003
      Hello,

I have had tinnitus for almost 20 years. It gets better then worse. Never goes away completely.

I had no idea people were hoping for cure... I figured it was hopeless.

In 2015 I finally broke down and got hearing aids. They probably gave me about 50% of my old hearing back, tinnitus was still there though.

Seeing the story about the drummer who killed himself from tinnitus really changed something in me though. Made me want to do something about this.

Anyway, thanks for having me here.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Hello @WeirdTFigure ,
      Welcome to TT. You're a veteran of the kind! Share your story. That way you may help us newbies how to deal with this condition.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      There is hope! At least four or five things being researched right now, a couple of which are going to be getting into human testing soon, and they're very promising.
      Hang in there; pharmaceutical companies are realizing how much money is to be made off of us T sufferers, and they're all too happy to find a treatment for you to give them our money.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WeirdTFigure

WeirdTFigure Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2003

I don't have much to share. I slowly noticed I was losing my hearing around 2003 or so, which loud tinnitus. I was sad because I could not longer hear cicadas in the summer, one of my favorite sounds. I never got depressed from my condition, i had come into it so slowly, that at some point I had forgotten what it was like to hear normally. I believe my hearing loss came from abuse of hearing, listening to loud music in car, dumb things like putting my ear up to a amp in a bar rock show. In 2015 I finally got hearing aids, which have helped tremendously in crowded situations.

I'm so used to tinnitus I think i'd be weirded out not hear it at this point.

My tinnitus seems to come and go... I have noticed salt and caffeine tend to flare it up.

5. Bleu42

Bleu42 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Hello I have had Tinnitus for over 17 yrs and recently it has gotten worse. I am of course reaching out to see if there is a masking device or hopefully a cure. How best can it be handled

6. vermillion
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      That's good if it is intermittent. You do experience periods of silence.

7. vermillion
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Hello @Bleu42. Welcome to TT. Why don't you start an new thread to introduce yourself? Give a little more info on your background so that the other members of the forum can reach you.

8. Bleu42

Bleu42 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Thank you vermillion. I shall .This is my first blog and I well have never done this before..