16 Years Old and Have Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jes Rooney, May 7, 2014.

1. Jes Rooney

Jes Rooney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/13
      Hey guys I just joined so if i don't no what to do sorry. About 11 mouths or more i developed T for the first 1 i was soo depressed and at one point i though about killing my self but then i took a step back and though about it over the psat 11 mouths i learnt to live it. Its is not a big deal and more but i hear about the people with it really bad and it makes me really scared.

2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Sometimes joing sites like this can be counterproductive if you see the horror stories. You said you were doing well so I would try not to worry. Protect your ears with a good pair of earplugs if your in loud places. And don't worry about it getting worse my dad's never it did and he's had his 20+ years.

3. Rog

Rog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      @cullenbohannon could you please suggest some good earplugs ?? Thank you very much.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jes Rooney

Jes Rooney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/13
      Thanks you my dad has had it to for the last 6 years when i first got it he said just don't worry you can't really do anything about it now i understand what he meant. When i first had it i was always scared and thinking my life is over and i had the worst problem in the world but now i see you just have to deal with it and thats all you can really do. Atleast i don't have cancer there are people who have to go through harder stuff then i do.

5. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      • Like Like x 1
    6. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Jes it's possible to get to a place where you don't have to deal with your t at all. If your ever feeling down or having negative thoughts Google letter to a tinnitus sufferer.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jes Rooney

Jes Rooney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/13
      Thank you very much for your help to be honesty the way I got over my depression and stress was I went to the church near mine I was never religious before then matter of fact I was really anti religion but when I went to the church it felt like this stress had been lifted of my back like it felt like every thing would be all ok and I don't have to worry so me getting better had alot to do with going to church ironic is-int it.

• Like Like x 2
    8. maccebu
      Sunshine

maccebu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014 6:20AM
      I feel your pain. I'm starting to hear high pitched sound 2 days ago and it's driving me insane. Tomorrow I have a consult and hoping this is just a simple ear infection.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jes Rooney

Jes Rooney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/13
      Hey guys I am 15 and Last week I was in the shops and I passed out with really bad cheast pain and the ambulance came after that I was very stressed and I caught a cold and my t has gottan louder will it go back to normal after the cold goes away?