17 Year Old with Tinnitus That Started After Boy Scout Camp, Possibly from Allergies

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by R1M2, Feb 9, 2021.

1. R1M2

R1M2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hello! I am a 17-year-old who has had tinnitus for almost 5 years. I am not exactly sure how it was caused but it happened right after a Boy Scout camp. I believe it was caused by severe allergies but not 100%. I have been visiting this site ever since but haven't bothered to make an account because at first, I couldn't accept that I had tinnitus and that signing up would make it "official" (lol I was 13) and now, I just look at the research posts every once in a while as I find them interesting.

Now you must be wondering, why are you signing up now?
      The answer to that question is that I simply want to put a greater effort in helping people (particularly teens) who deal with tinnitus. A recent experience with a friend who got tinnitus has motivated me even more. Seeing my friend deal with the same stress/worry firsthand that I experienced several years ago has ignited an even greater passion in me for helping people with tinnitus. Simply put, I want to do my part in this community that is unfortunately too overlooked.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hi R1M2.

Welcome to join the support folks here on the forum. Yes, you can definitely help out especially the younger new members. Your kind gesture to help others is greatly appreciated. Take care. God bless.