2 Days and It's Driving Me Insane :(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by maccebu, May 7, 2014.

1. maccebu
      Sunshine

maccebu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014 6:20AM
      It just started the other day. I hear this high pitched sound out of nowhere. I thought it's some kind of machine squeaking but it's not. Is this tinnitus? I don't hear it when I try to cover my ears with my hands airtight.

I don't know how to describe this, but it's a sensation someone gets when trying to stay on a really quite environment except that it stays like forever. The high pitched hizzzzzz is always there. I don't go to parties, not a music lover and neither in military. I doubt loud music or noise environment did this to me. It's just like out of nowhere, my sensitivity to noises was amplified.

I'll have a consult tomorrow with my ENT. I can't imagine living with this forever, not being able to sleep quietly.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi there! :)

I know very well what you mean.. I have this high pitched hizzzz as well. If you experience a sound that is not connected with any external source it is called tinnitus. It can be objective (meaning other can hear it) and subjective (meaning only you can hear it). It can stick around for a while or it can resolve shortly :)

Its great that you have made an appointment with an ENT, it might be something that can be treated easily as well :)

Do you have any idea what triggered it?

I know some people get it from stress, some claim it might be due to clenching of the teeth, noise exposure, medication, neck problems, infection and a host of other things.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      maccebu
      Sunshine

maccebu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I worked at home for at least 16 hours, drink cola and eat pizza. I'm not taking any meds either but I have this clogged nose for the longest period -- about 6 years or so. Could this be the reason? My last nose check was OK. Dr said something but I didn't quite get it. He prescribed me with a nasal spray and that is. That was 2 months ago.

I never had this eternal hzzz problem and boy, it's driving me crazy.

4. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Its interesting that you say you had a clogged nose.. Ive been having clogged nose for about 7 years as well.

Hopefully your ENT will be able to tell if your T has a connection with your clogged nose.

Im heading for extensive testing in a few weeks. Ill keep you updated if they find a connection.

Also, please let us know if your ENT is ble to pinpoint a cause :)

Best wishes :)

• Like Like x 1
    5. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Is the sound / hizz altered by moving your neck or clenching your teeth?

Mine is :)

6. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      Hello @maccebu, I read in your opening post that you said, "I don't hear it when I try to cover my ears with my hands airtight." - that doesn't sound like tinnitus to me. If you have tinnitus and cover your ears you would still hear the tinnitus and probably more loudly without any external noise to mix with it.

Maybe I read what you were saying incorrectly, but I thought I'd put that out there. Hope you feel better soon!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      maccebu
      Sunshine

maccebu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yup, you heard me right. When I cover my ears airtight, I no longer hear the hzzing sound. By the way, the sound resembles like the one we sometimes hear at the back of a TV set except there's no TV here.

8. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Ill be the ENT " take this steroid nasal spray for 6 week next !" ...and when it does sod all you can go back for another waste of time.

cutting edge medicine.:( Cynical after 28 years of hell you bet,wish id copped for aids ,at least they spent billions finding a treatment that works. we get "go away and live with it":banghead:

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      maccebu
      Sunshine

maccebu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      oh God, please don't. I'm in the middle of my work and I can't even concentrate.

10. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      @maccebu I have to say I'm a little confused, but also kind of happy for you that you can stop the sound...so if you put in ear plugs is the sound gone? Are you sure it's coming from you or are you suddenly just very sensitive to external noise?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      maccebu
      Sunshine

maccebu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @awbw8 I'm trying everything to get rid of it.. and seeing some hope that this isn't tinnitus, because yeah, I tried covering my ears with my hands (no ear plugs yet) and the sound is gone.

I also spent some time inside the bathroom and it's gone. The moment I stepped back into my work table, it's there. I turned off all my gadget, lights, it's still there. Coming from the outside, I don't know, maybe. I've walked a few meters from here and I'm still hearing it. Tomorrow, a few kms. to my ENT.

I think my sensitivity has been stepped up.

12. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      @maccebu, I'm definitely not a doctor so it's good you're seeing one, but if the sound goes away when you cover your ears or goes away when you're in another room, that isn't tinnitus. (which is a great thing!)

Hope your appointment turns out well and you get rid of whatever is causing the noise soon!

• Like Like x 1