2 Years and 7 Months In... I'm Still Standing...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kathi, May 31, 2016.

1. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I'm not here as much as I would like to be but I did notice that thinking and writing about tinnitus causes it to be more prevalent. I just want you all to know that I am habituating even though it took me longer than the normal time. I can go hours without thinking about it and now I actually leave my Ipod at home many days because I don't have a stressful reaction to tinnitus any longer. Yes, sometimes it is still a nuisance and sometimes it's more than a nuisance but I have managed for all this time and have a life. I think it is important for those of us who have found some semblance of life to come back and let the newbies know that it can be manageable. I will never tell you that it is easy or that there aren't really bad days but mostly I have neutral days that are manageable. I have worked, rode and lived through this so far and it GOT BETTER. I have a life, people I love and believe it or not and as trivial as it sounds, I just bought a new car. Even if it doesn't get better, I'll be okay. Love and support to you all. Please remember that I have moderate tinnitus--and in no way want to undermine those with severe tinnitus. For me, moderate tinnitus was a horror but with time and a strategy, I am okay--maybe not the same as before but a lot more compassionate.

Love,

Kat

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Kathi,
      Thank you for your lovely positive post for newcomers to read and for members struggling who have had tinnitus a while. ...lots of love glynis