25 with Bad Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mohamad-m, Oct 4, 2015.

1. mohamad-m

mohamad-m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hunting with no ear safety
      hi everyone :) my name is mohamad i live in turkey for the past 5 years i come originally from syria but i moved when problems started there from the begining i have been a bird hunter from when i was 18 but only went in weekends with my father who also have tinnitus to but not as bad as mine but 4 years ago i got a bigger and better gun and on the first shot i got tinnitus but it was not bad everytime i went shooting it got bad but came back to normal tinnitis after 1 or 2 days but it slowley was getting worst so i bought ear muffs and it still getting worst but now past 6 or 8 months it is just to loud!!! it is really afecting my life and i didnt get married because of this problem and always gets louder when there is some loud noises and my ear hurts alot! i read its called hyperacousis it is a real ear killer! i am happy i found this website from people who suffer from same problem :)
      i stopped hunting and now only trying to relax in quite house in the mountains with good family :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Hello @mohamad-m Welcome to the forum.
      I also have memories of bird hunting with my father when I was younger. Not sure people used any ear protection then. I believe my Father had Tinnitus when he was older. Although I'm not certain of the cause of mine.

Sorry to read you have T and how its effected your life. The latest ear hurting is a concern, it should be. Have you seen a Doctor? I hope it's gets better and you can live without it effecting you. I hope the forum is helpful.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mohamad-m

mohamad-m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      thanks! its a shame to have stopped i really loved hunting:( i have seen 3 different doctors first one prescribed a steriod pills that helped me so much but they didnt later on and lost the effect i have a strong hearing loss in both of my ears around 65 db its a really horrible thing to have bad tinnitus i wish it was only mild

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Mohamad-m,

I'm sorry you have hearing loss in both ears, and it is too bad you have had to give up hunting.

I was wondering if you had tried hearing aids yet. There are so many advancements in hearing aids these days, including the kind that are also tinnitus maskers. You might want to try them, to see if they work for you. Most hearing aid companies will allow you a 30-day free trial of the aids. If they don't work for you, you can bring them back.

Also, you could try some natural supplements that might help. I am currently taking N-Acetylcistene and magnesium. Both of these supplements help somewhat with tinnitus, and NAC helps protect your ears from further damage.

I've had tinnitus for many years now, and severe tinnitus for over five years. What seems to work the best for me is distraction. It takes time, but eventually you can tune the tinnitus out (at least some of the time) when you're busy and your mind is occupied.

I'm sure others will have additional suggestions for you.

Best wishes, and glad you've joined us!
      Karen

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mohamad-m

mohamad-m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you Karen I already tried hearing aids with maskers but they just annoy my ear my case is so bad right now :(

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mohamad-m

mohamad-m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm reading some good use full stuff here I hope I find relief soon planning to see a Tmj therapist

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mohamad-m,
      Welcome to the forums.
      I think if you get help for hyperacusis then you will be able cope better with your tinnitus sound.
      You might find maskers helpful with white noise set below you tinnitus to distract your ears from sounds you find difficult .
      Hearing aids will amplify sound and that can make sounds with hyperacusis louder and worse.

In time when you get over hyperacusis then hearing aids with maskers will be better when you can cope with sounds ....lots of love glynis

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mohamad-m

mohamad-m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi glyni thank you for you're responding I really do not think my hyperacusis will get better it's just ge worse if I leave the house now I'm only in my home

9. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      When you go out and hear a sound your ears dont like or a noise in the house do this-
      Say to yourself Im in total control and just walk away.
      Keep doing that and build up time around troublesome sounds.
      Its all about desensitizing your ears..... it will take a long time so dont rush it and It will help you.....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1