3 Years In The Club No One Wants to Be In. Sigh

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by OnceUponaTime, Nov 11, 2014.

1. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Once Upon a Time I had No T. It has been a long 3 years for me... trying to figure out the cause in hopes that there could be a cure/relief for me. I must say that I am standing here today buy God's grace to me.

To me it started on Thanks Giving Day 2011. After 3 years of dealing with it I think I can narrow it down to bad allergies/ Eustachian tube inflammation. I have looked around in the forum and have not seen anyone here with "my" symptoms... It started in one ear and now is in both. I have hizzing , a low background "iiiiiiii" and a year ago after a bad case of allergies, I developed a "loud hum" that goes away only if I am near anything that has a motor in it like a refrigerator or an air purifier or a/c. I feel literally like a Neon Sign! I feel like my head is always "on", almost like vibrating. Then when I get allergies out of control or I get a head cold.... I'm in trouble. My ears start to burn inside and all around the outside and get red. I get fullness and I cant even drive short distances because in small hills going up or down they start to pop and get clogged or whatever. So frustrating. Also, when I touch gently any area around my left ear... the back, the side by the cheek near the jaw, I hear flutters...it feels very tender. No doctor knows why. Anyways I also have had 2 incidents of H. (that was bad). Anyone out there with these symptoms??

I went to a Natural Medicine doctor and she thought I had a bad case of inflammation in my body and wanted me to do a detox of the body... I started it...but was loosing weight fast and when you are only 95lbs you cannot loose any weight to begin with! So I had to stop that route.

What I have tried: Ginko, Quietus, Lipoflavanoids Magnesium, Garlic pills, B-complex, Juicing

Anyways... I am able to sleep, and go about my days even when the noise is there. If I am busy enough I forget about it ( thank God for those moments). My strength comes from God, my friends and family praying for me and the hope that one day in heaven there will be no more pain, tears, suffering, no T! I do sleep with an air purifier or an air humidifier on and it helps. What I am taking right now is Bioflavanoids and Vitamin C, Claritin and B-Complex. I also take Calms Forte and Magnesium Calm which I put in my Sleepy Tea at bed time and that seems to help me relax.

I feel like I am jumping from one thing to another but there is so much to say and so much to ask.... just wanted to start somewhere. :) Living with T is doable...but hard. I love to go camping, love to homeschool my daughters, love to crochet and definitely love the summer months when I can open all the windows and the outside noise helps me much to mask the T and when I can work in the garden. Only through God's grace and His mercy I can go about my days. Life has given me lemons and I am making sweet lemonade!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

• Winner Winner x 2
    2. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I don't share your faith in God, but I'm glad to hear your coping quite well, as it seems. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi Sven... its a roller coaster for me. I have periods when I am ok and periods when I cant take it. But all in all pushing through the days. Glad to be in the forum. :) Lots to learn here and lots to share.

4. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Hi there and welcome glad that you have kept your faith through your T journey. T is a emotional ride that changes everything I'm hoping in time we all get some relief or even better they find a cure.
      Stay strong

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi Carlos, thank you for your warm welcoming. :) Yes, I pray for all of the people in the world suffering from T. I pray God gives us all His grace to bear with it one day at a time. My mother has it for more that 30 years.... hers was caused by many ear infections. She is very strong and just keeps going! :) ( by the way, why is it that everyone here abbreviates T...as if it was a curse to actually write the whole word Tinnitus?? ) And my sister had it for 3 years and after she fasted for 40 days (with little fruits and veggies and I believe fish) her T was gone! To God be the glory. We think her T was stress related. Hope you are feeling well.

6. Albert Savage

Albert Savage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1972
      While tinnitus is not something I would wish on anyone, I will take this club any day of the week. The club NO ONE wants to join is being a resident of a burn center. I've had too many friends there and I've come too close to joining that club more times than I care to think about. I know that no matter how bad it is, it really can be worse.