30 Year-Old Medical Doctor having left-hand tinnitus since 2013 and need your help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ajej87, Feb 16, 2017.

1. ajej87

ajej87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma?
      Dear All,

I want to describe to you shortly my tinnitus story and I am counting on help and some tips from all of you which could help me!

In February 2008 I had head trauma and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Fortunately, after 2 weeks of hospitalization, I was discharged without any clinical symptoms.

Then, after 5 months I have been suffering from left-sided tinnitus only for 3 months. I did not remember how it disappeared but I remeber only that I used drops for the ear wax removal and I was running a lot.

In October 2013 tinnitus reappeared again and I suffer from squealing in the left ear more than 3 years now.
      There are some days that tinnitus is gone completely even for a whole week sometimes.

6 monts ago I was in center advance audiology for clinical diagnosis my tinnitus. Examinations revealed significant hearing loss in the left ear and I was qualified to ARC therapy (8 hours daily high-frequency sound from special programmed iPod). Even before that, I had evoked potentials examination which did not reveal any abnormalities (e.g. neuroma). According to the audiologist, this ARC therapy works only in conjunction with special diet and exercise (which increase serotonin and BDNF-protein level).

The important thing to mention is that I take 50 mg Levothyroxine due to high TSH (~6.5 mj/l). After 50 mg Levothyroxine I have TSH 3.8 mj/l. The strange thing thing is that my fT3 and fT4 are also high and maybe this is related to the lack of sensitivity of peripheral tissues but this is problem for endocrine forum....
      But the interesting thing is that during first 5 days of taking Levothyroxine my tinnitus was completely gone but after that it came back.

The problem is that this ARC therapy does not help me. Over the last 3 years I have tried many things and drugs (the good thing is that I can write a prescription by myself):

- Vinpocetine
      - Betahistine
      - Magnesium
      - Spray including caroverine
      - Vitamin complexes
      - Trimetazidine

I know that there are some questions without an answer (does tinnitus is related to trauma? or thyroid?) Maybe, but for now I am waiting for anything from you which could possibly help me...

Thanks a lot!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. I don't know many members here are qualified to give advice to you medically except those on the Doctor's Corner. Cures for tinnitus can be elusive. Sometimes for some members they luck out finding something such as a supplement or a treatment which proves helpful to their healing. You can search or read the success stories for some of such lucky folks. But in general most have to depend on habituation to get better. If you are looking for treatment options, you may browse the forums for treatments and alternate treatments or the research news. You may find something helpful to you. Good luck doc. God bless.

3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      @ajej87,
      Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry you are having so many problems. I just wanted to note that I think you are the second person on the forum this week who has mentioned some improvement of T when taking Levothyroxine. I believe that @hurtingdream has had a similar experience.