30+ Years with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Venus, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Venus

Venus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Job as production typist
      Hello! I'm Venus. I live in Northern California. I'm 58 years old and a retired legal secretary. I spent my early career with my ear pinned to loud electric typewriters and daisy wheel printers. I've had tinnitus since 1984. Doctors can do nothing.

Up until now I've done nothing but complain. However, the ringing has gotten louder and more bothersome after a few head injuries, and now I'm ready to do something. I've "cleaned up" my diet, and will try aromatherapy, acupuncture, and herbal remedies.

One friend says she got complete relief from diet cleanup and acupuncture, and a former colleague reports that her mother-in-law got complete relief from aromatherapy. But the docs say there's no cure, and mainstream seems to agree with the docs.

I'm wondering if there are folks on this forum who found real relief who would share their story with me please. Thank you! Venus

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi there,

it's a pleasure to meet you. I have had tinnitus since 1988 and it is horrible. I have tried acupuncture and it did nothing for my tinnitus. I can't speak much for aromatherapy. My tinnitus is beyond garbage and it is very loud and will not let down. At times is use white noise to relax and soothe this madness. Having a good diet can help the overall body and that could possibly help your tinnitus.

Take care :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1