4 Months In...

Discussion in 'Support' started by PrizeFighter23, Nov 24, 2016.

1. PrizeFighter23

PrizeFighter23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Hi everyone. I took a break from daily activity on the site so I could start to focus on other things besides my T. I realized that today that it's 4 months since my tinnitus started.

For some reference, I developed T only in my right ear, most likely from a loud basement party where I was standing next to a speaker for about 3 hours. I woke up the next morning with ringing and fullness in my ear, as well as some hyperacusis.

Throughout the past 4 months, I've had some good days, some bad days, etc. There was even one time I woke up in the morning and actually didn't hear it at all. It eventually came back after I took a shower.

It's mostly a high pitched ringing, sometimes becoming more of a "hissing" sound, especially at night when I lay on that ear.

The hyperacusis is mostly gone, though louder, high pitched tones tend to sound "tinny" or like a blown out speaker in that ear.

There have been some days, even a week or two where I feel like I'll be alright even if it doesn't go away, but the past few weeks have definitely been worse for me mentally.

I was hoping that by this long, it would have faded away, or I would be habituated mostly. I'm a little scared that I'll never reach that kind of peace.

Any words of wisdom from others who've had a similar experience would be helpful.

So far I've tried B12, melanin, ear plugs during the day for about a month, and am currently taking Omega-3 tablets daily. Nothing has seemed to help much.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try not plug your ears unless around sound over 80db as you can make your ears supper sensitive to sound.
      You might find white noise generators helpful along with counselling support with TRT or CBT.
      Also try sound therapy at night set below your tinnitus and keep it going all night as that's when it works it's magic.
      Your brain will work hard to listen to the lower sound and push your tinnitus to the background.
      Over time it will also help habituate to your tinnitus in the day ....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1