4 Months of Tinnitus and Changing Tones — Any Others Seen Changes in Their Tinnitus from Onset?

Discussion in 'Support' started by martin12, Jul 12, 2014.

1. martin12

martin12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/2014
      First month was constant ringing (beeeeep).
      Second month was a constant loud rthymic squeal that amplifies with sound
      Finally mid way of 3rd month I now have a hiss all during the day and at night when i lay down to rest i hear fizzing/hissing with occasional squeals. Still amplifies with sound yet not as much.

My Tinnitus started after a head injury. Normal hearing yet struggled through 4 difficult months.

Wondering if any others have seen changes in there Tinnitus from onset?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      I have a multitude of sounds. I am primarily bothered in my left ear. Sometimes I get sound just in my head. The sounds did not change from month to month, but rather throughout the day/week.

hissing/sizzling
      rushing/roaring
      beeping <-----this one is the most annoying
      crickets
      when it gets really loud in my left, the sounds move to my right ear at this point, I can sometimes hear music

LOL Maybe I will start my own "head band"!

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      that's a musical tinnitus, anything you do recognize?

4. Floyd Mayweather
      Bored

Floyd Mayweather Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure or an ear infection, or maybe a combination :(
      Mine started with just a constant high pitch ringing tone. After a while it turned into a low hissing or crickets noise. Sometimes it goes back to the high pitch ringing but it's not as loud as it used to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      Mine changed a lot too. Started with a whistle in one ear that was maskable then came the high pitched ringing in the other ear and then came the high pitched ringing in the orginal ear and then there's the occasional whistle in the the second ear. And then at night comes the "EeeeeeeEEEeeeeeEEEeee" noise. Pretty sure even that will change, I'm only at three months.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Mine started as a high pitched hissing sound--then it would sometimes be an ear to a sea-shell roaring noise. Now it is loud ringing in the morning which either gets lower, like a squeal, or it sounds like a loud whiny hiss--like you might imagine high voltage electrical current to sound like. Sometimes it's in my ear and sometimes it seems to encompass my head. When it's loud masking doesn't cover it. I can hear it in the shower. Of course, my shower is not the best of showers. :)

• Genius Genius x 1
    7. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I've had 40 years of all kinds of sounds in my head. When I hear the highest pitch hiss, I know that's a healthier sound.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      martin12

martin12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/2014
      Hi Max-

Thanks for your heads up. How is a perilypmh fistula diagnosed? And, 2ndly how long would it last? Any other symptoms beside Tinnitus? Thanks.

9. Nich
      Batty

Nich Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      Mine started with a high pitched ringing sound that after about two weeks starting increasing in frequency. It has leveled off with an Eeeeeeeee sound that is literally so high pitched I didn't know I could perceive that high. Over the last couple weeks the tone is pretty consistent but it has a little hiss to it sometimes, usually on lower days. The hiss is like a bad electrical connection... Feels like I'm hearing electricity. It started in my left ear and stays there mostly. On loud days it seems in my whole head and rarely moves into my left ear.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. cogen1965

cogen1965 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hissing in left ear with a pulse, high pitched tone in right or just pulse in left, nothing in right or just tone in right, nothing in left that I can pick up or pulsing and tone at the same time, sometimes pronounced or barely audible. It has a mind of its own. Have had this for 1.5 months.