5 Weeks In and Life Is a Battle

Discussion in 'Support' started by baz 22, Feb 5, 2016.

1. baz 22
      Alone

baz 22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Hi Everyone, So I am 5 weeks into the nightmare that will never end. My T has changed slightly, for the first 2 weeks it was a high pitched ring. For the past 3 weeks it is a high pitch static noise with a very low hiss, not sure if this is a good sign or not. I don't mind the hiss but it's the static that's making me crazy, I can't even watch a movie without hearing it, I am just praying it will fade like the ringing.

Also I had hyperacusis for the first couple of weeks but thankfully it faded.

The first GP I saw told be to come back in 3 months. I went to a different one today and they gave me some nasal spray, I don't have any high hopes.

I don't know what to do now, is there any other treatments or anything to overcome this hell?
      I don't know how people live like this. :(

P.S I am only 22 and this sucks. Sorry for the rant, I know everyone is struggling. Just hoping for a few words of encouragement.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Your doctor could try prednisone .
      Give your nose spray a chance and will clear your tubes.
      Your tinnitus has every chance in going so try stay positive and give it time.

You can try sound therapy by downloading free apps like Relax and Sleep and others to play when you need some masking relief but keep it low set below your tinnitus.
      Your brain will work hard to pick up the lower sound you have chosen and help your brain ignore your tinnitus and push it to the back ground.

Keep posting for support ......lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

Hey baz, sorry you're going through this. I know it's cold comfort to be told this but you're only 5 weeks into this right now but in time things should improve. It often takes several months before one starts to feel better mentally. The good news is that many people habituate to the sound and/or find it lessens.

The important thing to remember is that you are still in "panic mode". Anxiety and depression are really bad during this period so it's important that you take steps to alleviate your distress by getting counseling and/or learning relaxation techniques. There's no shame in seeing a psyche in order to get medication to help with sleep and anxiety and depression. Like you said, you're in hell right now so don't deprive yourself of the chance at some relief to get you through the next couple months. (And whatever you do try to keep active on a daily basis. Isolating yourself from the world due to tinnitus can become detrimental in the long run.)

Hang in there. Things generally do get better in time. You're 22 and have a lot of good living ahead of you. Hell, a year from now you might very well feel on top of the world. So trust me, happiness can return to your life despite tinnitus. (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Me too. 5 weeks in and 0 improvement. Mine hasn't even changed tone... ever... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm thinking change is good in the acute stages.

Other life stresses keep adding up. I don't have anything constructive to say, but you aren't the only one suffering from this.