6 Months In and Much Better but Emotions Vary

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leodavinci, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      I got T one morning and over the next few days of researching and suffering thought it was the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

Things got worse when i learned I got sudden hearing loss. The T became the least of my concerns until, over the next few weeks, i had regained most of the hearing that was lost and my mri was normal. I was somewhat relieved to hear about habituation and the studies that show that the psychological burden of T usually subsides.

My T has not stopped for one second in over 6 months. But the emotional burden overall has subsided a great deal. The way I feel about T, whether I notice it much, whether it depresses me and how I feel about the future can vary wildly. For several hours or days at a time I feel like it's a minor nuisance but the emotional response can be much worse at times for several hours. I read personal accounts describing this phenomena of varying emotional responses described as "good or bad days" but I don't think I fully understood it.

How could your response to it vary so much if the stimulus does not? Now i know that's how habituation works, it's erratic and non linear but with a slow overall improvement. My quality of life went from a 9 before T to a 2 for several weeks afterwards.

Now it's about a 7 most days but I get emotionally troubled and feel like a 4 at times. But the " bad days " that I read about early on on this forum get less frequent and the 9 quality of life i had before T I am hopeful will return based on accounts of the good people here.

My progress is 90% through habituation. I have a suspicion that some supplements have helped slightly. I am very thankful for all of you in this forum. I still actively seek out T cures or reductions in volume. I don't think this retards habituation much unless it's obsessive. My T started suddenly after a very brief sound exposure.

On another hopeful note I too have heard from several construction and manufacturing employees whos T went away entirely, not habituate but go away completely as I made sure to ask specifically. One after 7 months another after an unknown number of months " months and months " as he described it.

I also was shaken by a war vet who after 20 or so years of his gun induced T still masks the sound to go to bed!! That really concerned me as I figured that he should have habituated much better.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      GREAT SUCCESS! Congratulations!

3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm glad to hear you're doing better... Out of curiosity, what supplements have you found helpful?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      Thanks Atlantis. linearb I sense a reduction of volume and annoyance when I drink hot tea infused with Ginger or when I take a ginger pill. I caught on to this after I drank a green smoothie with ginger. After that smoothie i definitely had a significant reduction in T. I also think Turmeric pills with the active ingredient curcumin might be doing the same. It is a temporary effect lasting a few hours but it may be reducing chronic inflammation that is stressing the inner ear nervous system. I don't have any other disease or ailment besides T.

5. JSalvatore
      Studious

JSalvatore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      In 2014 when I got T I would mask it everynight, then went to a TRT therapist for a few sessions of counseling. She said that I should try sleeping without masking, and she was damn right, all 2015 I thought about my T a rough 20 times. Should have come here to tell people about my success, but when you don't think about it you go back to your normal life

• Like Like x 1
    6. Starlord

Starlord Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I feel like I am in the same boat. For me sleeping without masking, ear pain, jaw pain/tension, fullness, H and other things that accompanied my tinnitus mostly all got better within 5 months. Emotions also got better, but I've had good days and bad days...some days were half good, some days were half bad...what a rollercoaster. It's exhausting.