6 Weeks of Hell

Discussion in 'Support' started by john mccluskey, Mar 4, 2015.

1. john mccluskey

john mccluskey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10.2013
      Hi there my name is john from aberdeen in scotland. I first experienced tinnitus about a year ago after a blockage in my right ear .a peice of tissue paper blocked my ear for a few days . After I had it removed the low hissing started . Usual doctors visits and audiology dept couldn't help so I just got on with life habituating very easily only to sometimes be annoyed at night. That was until 14th January when my nightmare started. Firstly I started to notice my tinnitus changing getting louder with extra beeps . Over the last few weeks it's been unbearable so loud I an hear it everywhere can't get 5mins of rest . Had a hearing test yesterday and everything's fine . Is this a temporary spike ? I'm at my wits end can't work can't function and having terrible thoughts that this is it for me. The doctor has put me on fluxotine for my anxiety . I'm in a bloody mess at the moment please help

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      john mccluskey

john mccluskey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10.2013
      Is there anybody there?

3. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Hi john I don't want you to think we are ignoring. I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough time sometimes spikes happen and with time they settle back down. Did you take any new medication or were you expose to loud noise?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      john mccluskey

john mccluskey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10.2013
      Hi chelles thanks for replying. No new medicine . Was at quite a loud party at new year . But the spike never happened to the14th? If I was to say my original tinnitus was a 2/10 then this 20/10 that's how much of a shock it is to my system . Can't beleive tinnitus could be so loud that my ears hurt . Day by day athe moment at least it's not just me. Xxx

5. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Yes, we feel terribly for you.
      It's scary, and like Chelles said, maybe it's a spike and will eventually calm down. Have you ever taken Fluoxetine before?

If that makes you feel jittery, perhaps you can ask for something different. See how that goes and let us know.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      john mccluskey

john mccluskey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10.2013
      Hi sleeplessoul ive been on it now for 3 weeks and it doesn't seem to affect me either way good or bad . Kids coming in from school soon got to get it together for them thanks for help

7. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      Sorry to hear this, it could well drop back down. What is the tinnitus like in tone, frequency?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      john mccluskey

john mccluskey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10.2013
      Hi frequency ringing in right ear very loud sometimes I hear it in both . I think the thing that's thrown me is I had know idea about spikes or how this can happen . I just had tinnitus so what!

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Hi John, I understand what you are going through. I have sudden onset T and it is so loud that I can't think. I have had to give up much of my work until I can get this under control. I get minimal sleep, because it is so loud. You may want to check the drug watch list on the ATA's website. Some SSRIs can cause T. One did for my brother. My heart goes out to you. I understand the nightmare you are living right now, but don't give up. There is an answer out ther for you.