7 Years Now

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nerdvegas, Aug 7, 2018.

1. nerdvegas

nerdvegas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all,

I woke up with my tinnitus suddenly about 7 years ago. Mine is a combination of crackling and/or buzzing in one ear. It isn't constant - it responds to the ambient volume around me. If I walk from a quiet room out onto the street, it goes crazy. Often it goes away when I'm outside, but if it gets really bad then it doesn't stop at all and I feel like I will lose my mind. It comes on bad at night usually, and will start happening spontaneously, to the point where I get a loud buzz every 30 seconds or so and it's impossible to sleep. I wake to this every morning right now, but usually a shower calms it at least to the point where it isn't spontaneous. But every morning, I wonder if this is the day that it doesn't go away at all this time, and it does my head in.

There are very few obvious triggers that cause it to spike, but one is alcohol + loud environment. Consequently I can't go out and meet friends in bars anymore. I've paid a high price for that multiple times, and it isn't worth it. The fallout could be a day of constant buzz-crackle-buzz, or a week, or months of it being pretty bad - all just from a beer or two with friends. It's like a sick joke.

Anyway that's me. I have a hard time finding other people with the same symptoms as me so if mine sound like yours, let me know! I know this is probably neurological - I've had all the tests and seen all the ENTs, yada yada.

Good luck to everyone out there suffering this bastard condition.
      Allan

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Tutz

Tutz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/7/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?Surgery, ?medication or ??
      Wow 7 years! I am struggling with 4 weeks. I guess my frustration is that I want answers to why it started but more importantly how to stop it. Dinner with friends Saturday night was so difficult - trying to participate yet having a sound kaleidoscope twirling in my ear (best way I can think of to describe my chaotic head) ... now I understand why hermits become hermits!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Joseph D

Joseph D Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi my name's Joseph, my symptoms are identical to yours.

I was wondering if you went through with the surgery?

Also you probably understanding how much of an impact these symptoms can affect your life and I was wondering if you’d be willing to contact me directly via email: josephdellariva@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

4. friend74
      Doubtful

friend74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Don't give up your friends.

5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      That would mean increased blood flow and to the ears - blood pressure. From this one of the cranial nerves of neck or a major artery of neck may be a cause of your T.