9 Years, Made It This Far

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sławomir, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Sławomir

Sławomir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lots of loud music, mostly over earphones and headphones.
      Hi guys,

So glad I found you and this forum. I am Sławomir and I am a 31 year old guy from Poland. I have been living with T since March 2007.

My T is an outcome of years of listening to loud music, mostly over earphones and headphones. I eventually went to a live music event in the summer of 2006 which left me with an accute accoustic trauma. My T revealed itself several months later in my left ear. Several months later it also appeared in my right ear.

I managed to live with my stable T until last year when it exploded again. I am guessing it was due my new and stressful job. I immediately had my hearing tested and it appears that despite the T it is almost mint. I only have some micro damage in the highest frequencies.

Recently I have also been struggling with bronchitis. I am on oral ampiciline. Not sure if that is the cause but my T has spiked again. I was looking for some answers and hence found this forum.

Appreciate the welcome!

Sławomir

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to the forum.
      When you have a infection in your system it can cause or spike tinnitus and may take a few weeks for your tinnitus to settle when the virus leaves your system.

Give it time and keep your doctor in the loop on how ears are doing and how you are feeling.....Lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Welcome Slawomir,
      Glad you found us! Stress can absolutely increase tinnitus. Your recent illness and meds could have caused your spike also. I hope you get some relief soon.

• Like Like x 1