A 3-Minute Spike After Intense Physical Exercise

Discussion in 'Support' started by Huradozih, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Huradozih
      Insomnious

Huradozih Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      idiopathic
      Good day to you.

Today, after an intense physical exercise, I had a very loud spike of my tinnitus, lasted for about 3 minutes. Then it subsided to the "normal" volume.

Is it normal or not?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      As a gym addict, I can tell you that this is VERY normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does it ever get permanently louder? Or last days to go back to baseline?

4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I am not advocating it or not advocating it(to exercise or not), I'll just share my experience :)

My new baselines have never been due to normal/protected routines. They have happened due to constant exposure to loud sounds and certain meds. When I exercise (I lift heavy and due lots of cardio as well), I tend to feel a bit of a spike. It may last for a few minutes or so, but it does settle down.

We are pushing our bodies and working out hard, so a spike is not all that uncommon. I use to have sleep issues for many years and my mind was stuck with so many things to think about. Because of a healthy exercise routine, I have been able to relax my mind a bit and at nights I am able to sleep better.

People do NOT need to be like me in the gym, doing any exercise that gives us a little sweat can be quite helpful. Do something that is safe for your ears and try to enjoy the routine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Exercise causes a spike for a minute for, and then it goes right back down to baseline. May have something to do with the endorphins released, but pure guess. I dont consider it anything to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Tex

Tex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Mine spikes after vigorous exercise as well, but doesn't last very long. It probably has to do with an elevated pulse.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I always get a spike after exercise, but both my mood and sleep have improved greatly, and this helps me immensely in coping with my tinnitus on a day to day basis.