A Disciplined Life May Help with Your Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Joe P. Tamborra, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      I have had intermittent tinnitus for over seven years at this point. It seems to me from studying and through experience that tinnitus is a medical dilemma; based on the facts that there are so many different causes, types, degrees of severity, and lack of medical research into the matter. Even if there was a surgery that could be offered many would not be able to afford it, and many would opt out because of the extreme risk factors that would go with it!

Although Benzos seem to help some cope with tinnitus better mentally for awhile; they soon become addictive and have side effects.

Obviously tinnitus is your bodies way of warning you something has gone wrong internally. For many this is because of loud noise exposure which has damaged their inner ear causing inflammation. If treated soon after I suppose that prednisone may help some.

This leads me to believe that probably an anti-inflammatory diet with supplements could be of great benefit to many. If inflammation is brought under subjection it offers relief from different diseases that are intensified by inflammation.

Also regular exercise rather than Benzos may be enough to take the edge off the anxiety tinnitus causes some.

Keeping weight under control can help to have normal blood pressure. Avoiding known causes of tinnitus spikes can be a blessing as well, such as sugar, salt, tobacco, alcohol, MSG, loud noises, high stress situations, air travel, ototoxic drugs, etc. Some find a place of solace with meditation; myself I find relief through prayer and asking others to pray for me.

Please let me know if any of you have tried an anti-inflammatory diet with supplements; and how it worked?

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      It definitely can.

• Like Like x 1
    3. foam

foam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've only had tinnitus for a month and I just deleted everything I wrote for the last 20 minutes because it was a load of dribble. But I can condense it for you, from what I've seen so far... a GABA rich diet won't work... Ketogenic + drugs/supplements that can actually get into your brain probably is going to work quite well, I don't know if I will be able to completely resolve the tinnitus but I will definitely get parts of the day in silence. I wasn't going to be happy with that originally but now I'll take it. I'm totally broke right now but I have lots of things in my shopping cart to try next week. I will update when I know more.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Thanks Foam, keep me posted on what helps you! I recently read about taking a hot shower first thing in the morning can reset your tinnitus at times. I have tried it with some success. It does not work every-time for me, but some of the time it does.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not even just discipline. Having faith, the expectation, that Jesus Christ is our savior and not only has died for our sins, but that there will be a restitution of all things and that the dead will be resurrected is something that can really give you spiritual, and thus, mental strength to overcome adversity. It is certainly not a delusion either. These things are real.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe it's not the heat so much as the noise????

Sir, maybe try something called curcumin and see if that helps you. Take it at dinner at the recommended dose. Seems to really help me a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What about the Dr. Sebi alkaline diet??? With the natural substances black seeds and sea moss?

8. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      A giant ghost that doesn't exist won't help much with tinnitus. It might help getting your children abused.

9. foam

foam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      A hot bath works for me every time 100% now, sometimes it takes an hour and a half.. and it comes back afterwards but it works. I need to find out why

10. foam

foam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Nope even if I go in the bath silent is goes away and it's not the magnesium either although that seems to enhance the effect. But really it's just the warm water/relaxation/muscle tension or hydration... It changes something in the brain. Maybe when people see a resolution on holiday in the tropics they are getting a bath effect 24 hours a day.. a shower doesn't cut it for me, has to be a bath.

11. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Weak sauce. Can you come up with a better insult to God than that? Probably not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Cool story broh.

13. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's what I thought.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      John Adams, I agree with you about Jesus! Without the Lord, I don't think I could have handled these last seven years with tinnitus. This is definitely the biggest challenge that life has offered so far. But the Lord continues to give grace and peace; and allow me to experience joy even with tinnitus!

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      But the ketogenic diet is not a balanced diet. It excludes many vitamins that are essential.