A Good Update — Tinnitus Down 30% On and Off, Inside of Ear No Longer Dry, and Other Improvements

Discussion in 'Support' started by Finnigan, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Hi Everyone and Happy Hopefully Hopeful New Year to Everyone!

Well I have a little good news to share with you and I hope this brings hope. A reminder is that I have significant anatomical problems associated with surgery that is likely causing my ear problems and severe, painful TMJ.

Scenario this week has been life and death struggle of a good friend in the ICU. Thankfully she is going to recover. Her hospital care was pretty bad and I had to step in numerous times and it was beyond stressful (I am retired in critical care medicine.) By the grace of a god she pulled through.

Having said the above, stress did increase my ear symptoms substantially but oddly three things improved a few days later.

1. I am beginning to get feeling back in my face, left head and ear and the pressure is down about 40% or so.

2. The tinnitus is down about 30% on and off.

3. The inside of my ear is no longer dry.

I still have all the other symptoms but I will take whatever improvement I can get.

I’m trying to figure out what I’ve done differently or in addition to my normal life with tinnitus and here are a few things I’ve done the last few days that may or may not have helped.

I let my lower jaw hang or drop naturally on and off throughout the day. This helped relaxed my jaw a bit and I could hear a change in tinnitus pitch.

While I was driving, I kept the window open or about an inch open because I could not stand the ear pressure of a closed car. I did this repeatedly for a few days while I was driving to and from the hospital. I opened the window for a few minutes then closed the window for about 10 seconds as I was driving with my finger over my ear. I could feel the pressure change in the cabin.

I also noticed an increase in dizziness and unsteady gate before the above symptoms improved. I honestly felt like I was drunk and I’m sure people thought I was with the way I was walking. Lol.

I'm still super miserable with this but at least I have some hope now. Crossing my fingers, toes, legs, and anything else I can cross for hope for everyone.

Finn

Oh and I stress ate an entire chocolate pie by myself in two days. Maybe that helped? :confused:;):D:dunno::wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      It’s been a few hours since last post and T is about 70% better, pressure about 80% better. Hearing is better as well. Aside from the above, I have no idea what is going on. Oh and balance is a bit better. What the heck is going on?

Oddly, ear canal is dry again though.

I have been repeating the jaw dropping every hour or so.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      I little bit more has returned but not as bad as it has been. I went to see my friend in the ICU, got something to eat and went to bed. So what was the trigger?.......

4. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Were you ever tested for hearing loss recently?