A Hello and a Positive Case After 1 Year

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Mimi.D, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Mimi.D

Mimi.D Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Finding a thread title that’s not deceptive or triggering is super hard!

My first post, I’m 25 & I’ve had T since July after noise exposure working in a bar. It didn’t really affect me at all until about 2 months after where I got super panicked, depressed & upset about it.

Anyway these days I’m able to talk about it (reluctantly) without breaking down. Although I have some negative moments they’re not as bad as it was at the 2 month mark.

When speaking to my older sister today she said that she experienced T for about 1 year due to sound exposure. Whilst at Uni she stood pretty close to a speaker on a night out and had it in her left ear, she also felt like it was blocked a lot of the time. She did not let it bother her either and she just got on with things and it vanished.

My friend also told me about someone she knows who had it for about 3 months and it went slowly after working at a loud event with an agency. After that time she still experienced some noise here and there until it vanished. This happened to a handful of people working there too. But they’re all fine now, all after around 4 months.

I’m sharing this to spread some positivity and good energy which is what we need in this forum. I’m 4 months in and have found Vitamin B12 changed mine to a hiss sound rather than ringing and I experience more quiet days now (although I only hear it in very quiet/silence spaces). Which could be due to time passing I’m not sure.

I’m now taking Chelated Magnesium, Vit C and Zinc since last week. Either way these have been good at boosting my mood.

It’s worth mentioning I feel like a lot of people do not resort to the internet for this issue and experience it passing after a long time. But we’re here as it’s bothering us so this support is absolutely necessary.

I’m trying to stay positive and refrain from ‘accepting’ it. I’d rather say I’m ‘experiencing’ it and trying to view it as an unwanted guest rather than a thief of joy or my life for that matter. I hope this post can be of comfort to anyone reading. Sending you ALL warm hugs.

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Artur
      Wishful

Artur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2017 or 30/06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      I also experienced ringing for a small period of time before it turned into a way doable hiss. We are still young and our exposure to sound wasn't as bad as some other successful stories out there so hopefully this will go away. But if it doesn't we need to just accept it, imagine if you had the ringing again? In some way we need to be thankful for that.

Hope you have a full recovery.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. obutterfly
      Surrender

obutterfly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably Wellbutrin
      Good to read about positive outcomes. I am losing hope, so these positive posts are helping me. Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 1