A Hot Shower?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MikeV, Apr 5, 2018.

1. MikeV

MikeV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been suffering with what I describe as moderate tinnitus for about 1-1/2 years now. Initially, I had some success with high doses of Zinc and Magnesium. Seemed to reduce the cycle frequency and magnitude.

Recently, the zinc and mag almost seemed to make it worse - so I layed low on it. But I have noticed that when I take a nice shower, my tinnitus intensity drops off pretty significantly. It's not a long term play and eventually the intensity returns, but at least for a while the intensity subsides.

Anyone else notice this?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How high were those doses that proved to be effective?

3. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Mine comes right back after I step out of the shower but I do love me a long hot steamy shower. 100% masking and warmth and calmness. I would install a steam sauna or hot tub if I could afford one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeV

MikeV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Bill,

I was taking 200 mg per day. 100 in th morning and 100 at night. It really did appear to be well correlated with my drop in T symptoms. Then, I noticed about 3 months ago that my T was getting worse. Funny thing happened. I had a job to do in Aruba, and didn't take any Zinc or Magnesium for 5 days. And, that entire trip plus 2 or 3 days after I returned, no T! Then, it came back. I went back on the Zinc and Mag, but no real change. I have also noticed that my T lasts about 3 or 4 days now, then a day or so with mild to no T symptoms. Then the cycle repeats. In fact, it seems that my T lasts longer now before relief, but at a lower level. Such as right now as I type. If I go outside, I hardly notice it. I have no idea as to what tomorrow will be like, maybe stronger symptoms for a day or so, or maybe little to none. But I am not taking the Zinc right now. The high level of Zinc actually seemed to make my T worse once I returned from Aruba. Very annoying, as you would know being a victim of this damn problem yourself!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeV

MikeV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      New Guy... gotcha. I guess I see similar symptoms other than my T after a shower seems subdued for a while (not gone) but does come back to the original intensity or close to it. But there are days that I wish that I could stand in the shower all day. :)

6. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Mike,

Do you think a hot tub would give you those extended results too? It's for medical reasons!

I notice my T is lowest when I'm the calmest which doesn't happen often as I'm new to this but I see the correlation.