A Musical Note on Tinnitus, and a Not So Bad Thought.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sergio V., Sep 28, 2015.

1. Sergio V.
      No Mood

Sergio V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 9 2015
      Dear PT Fellows
      one good thing to say about PT, or T.

It's been a while since i posted, back in this year. As scary and annoying this unwelcome intruder might be, given time, it's been an aid.( i'm crazy?) and it's reminding me 24 hours a day that i'm alive, with a beating heart. (i don't need a %@ I-watch)
      it's helping me to focus on the right things while composing, practicing, or out there having a conversation. or just reminding me that i'm worrying too much. being a musician, was not the end of the world. may be the beginning of a new one.

I've learned to accept it, and i'm doing pretty well now. I don't know if i will ever hear pure silence again, but is good to know that silence can be a concept too.
      Also, to keep a BIG eye on what Stress can do to the body.

I even composed a this brief sound piece that features my own breathing , an organ and what tinnitus feel inside with a synth .

As I read through this forum, someone said it very eloquently. Life is much more than this Noise.

so cheers, to everyone out there having a bad time, hoping that given time and love, it's gonna be good.
      S

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      @Sergio V.
      Thanks for the update and that's great to continue your music involvement. Yes, lets all keep the stress down.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sergio V.
      No Mood

Sergio V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 9 2015
      Thank you James!!.

4. Tamino

Tamino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello Sergio. Thank you for your words. I do not have Pulsatile Tinnitus, mine is regular high pitch Tinnitus (that is getting worse over the last months, maybe from stress) and some mild Hyperacusis (which also gets better or worse with time), and I wish I had some of your positive point of view, I've been suffering a lot from it and it was very nice finding your comment and your song ;) I'm even trying to believe that I can get better, instead of thinking things can only go downhill from here. Time will tell. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sergio V.
      No Mood

Sergio V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 9 2015
      Hi Tamino!, thank you for reading my post and even listening to the music.

I understand and can relate to what you feel. My first months with the onset of this where terrible, one particular week i wanted to just die .Worst part was that i became dependent on ambien to sleep for about 3 months, and that triggered a heavy depression. (to my understanding, it helps you sleeping, but it completely turn down your nervous system). So i quit ambien and tried to mask the noise with a rain sound video, then a fan. and It worked!. in about a week my Depression started receding, an in a month i felt normal again.

Anything you can do to lift the spirits will definitely help. I was just playing bach on the piano, and in those moments i completely forget about this high pulsating noise in the back of my head.

I wish you a total recovery from whatever T type you have, and that your meantime gets better and better.

Sergio

• Like Like x 1