"A Qualitative Analysis of Threads in Online Support Groups for Tinnitus"

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tinnitus Talk, May 27, 2017.

1. What are your thoughts on these findings?

a-qualitative-analysis-of-threads-in-online-support-groups-for-tinnitus.png

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I find that Tinnitus Support forums are the greatest support to have and become a member of.
      Between everyone they cover all aspects and support regarding tinnitus and the unwanted emotions that are hard to cope with a long with lack of sleep and being a wife,husband,child,provider and carer.
      A doctor can only tell you so much and be left alone after ENT checks have been done to be told Live With It.
      Audiology are more supportive but not apart of your daily life.
      Support forums offer advice,support,friendship,other people's tinnitus journeys and how they cope.
      Support for suicidal people and point them in the right direction and young children and teenagers to adults.
      Also for the partners to come to ask for help for family members.
      We totally understand posts can be negative and why not? They need our help along with positivity and hope and guidance.
      Round the clock support given freely by people who care endlessly for the wealth of others and play some part in their adjustment to life after their silence has been taken away and very mentally challaging for most people.

Wow! It sickens me to think what the world would do without places like this to come and seek help as it's not taken seriously enough how mild tinnitus can be so irritating and challenging to the higher end of the scale and blinking mental torture...
      Fantastic work by all tinnitus forums especially Tinnitus Talk that is world wide and down to one very special person whom I have grown fondly of ....
      Glynis

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Glynis: That was one great reply. You as so helpful to all us. Thank you

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      I always have a pot of salt in reaching distance when I log on to read this forum ;).

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      This forum is by far the most investigative I´ve seen online. And that is what is interesting/important to me.
      The Autifony and Trobalt threads kept me alive before. And now the Frequency TX does the same.

Hope must be kept alive, and I thank many posters here for contributing to that effect.

• Like Like x 1