Abnormal MRI/CT Scan

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Sep 30, 2016.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Doing my best!

2. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      This is all we can do!! Keep smiling Natalie!! This really does get easier to accept over time. Hugs

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update? I hope you're okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. hartje5
      Wishful

hartje5 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Verapamil, Flecainide, Apixaban, stress
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Hi guys! Sorry I've been so busy. So I met with the neurologist and she basically didn't know what could be causing my bleed.. she doesn't think the bleed is causing my tinnitus but can't be sure.. she referred me to a neurosurgeon at my local hospital. A day later I received a call saying the neurosurgeon was referring me to a much larger hospital with a different neurosurgeon who handles these types of brain bleeds and cavernoma. They got me in relatively fast. My appointment with the new neurosurgeon is on the 10th of November. In the meantime, I've completed an EEG test to see if I am having focal seizures (don't have the results yet) and I have an MRA and another MRI scheduled for Tuesday of this week. Hopefully with all these tests the neurosurgeon all have more information a treatment plan.

I am nervous for another MRI and the MRA because it is so loud in those machines but I've been given 10 mg Valium and will use foam ear plugs as well as ear muffs. I've been incredibly stressed out!
      Thank you all for thinking of me ! ❤️

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Good luck and keep us posted!
      Thinking of you!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Valeri. I will absolutely update you all with the test results and what the neurosurgeon says! I hope brain surgery isn't the treatment. I am hoping he has some ideas about my tinnitus and if It is possibly being caused by this bleed.. if they said surgery could correct it I would do it in a second! But because the bleed is in my right frontal lobe which controls emotions, personality, inhibitions, memory and some speech she didn't think it could be related. BUT she didn't rule it out completely and had to refer me out anyway. Fingers crossed for answers next week!

9. hartje5
      Wishful

hartje5 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Verapamil, Flecainide, Apixaban, stress
      I hope you get more clarity soon. It's hard to not know. These days I'm using a 'mantra' that helps me al lot:

What is, is. What will be, will be.

I say this over and over to myself to stop anxious thoughts and catastrophic ideas.

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      IMG_9616.JPG Just an update, spoke with the chief neurosurgeon from a very well known hospital about my abnormal MRI. It is definitely a cavernoma but unfortunately don't think it has anything to do with my hearing loss or my tinnitus :(. For now, surgery isn't necessary because the bleed has stopped and I will be required to have another MRI in 6 months to ensure to growth or changes. Also, they are monitoring me for symptoms like seizures, muscle weakness and worsening neurological defects.

Anyway... I am kind of disappointed because I was hoping I found a possible solution to the tinnitus but they're really not thinking it's related. 8 am holding out hope though because the brain is a very complex thing and my audiologist tells me of cases where people have had tumors nowhere near a place that would cause tinnitus but after they're removed the tinnitus leaves.. surgery is not an option for me right now though.

The serious of my condition may change after he reviews an old MRI from 2014 and determines how much it has actually grown but I won't know for a few weeks.

Just wanted to let my T family know!

Also, I got awarded my 1 year trophy on TT.. what a sad anniversary that is! I am so grateful I am at least in a better place now then I was a year ago.. but sad trophy none the less.

• Hug Hug x 3
    11. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      We are pulling for you Natalie.
      Be well.
      :huganimation:

• Like Like x 1