Acupuncture Cured Me

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Brian Schreiber, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      What the heck, I'll give it go. Will report back in a month or so with how I got on.

2. Mario Bics

Mario Bics Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      Hi my friends! i do it already for 4th month, 3 days in a week for a 1 hour session! Maybe im stubborn in my faith, but it helps me... a bit! Acupuncture professor is very positive and relaxed about my rehabilitation, because it TAKES TIME and money :) of course. I got improvement for my hearing, i say - 3% ( i have sound induced low freq hearing loss for almost year) , but most important thing - i almost dont recognize T ! Wish u luck guys! Love ya

3. Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      Did my second session yesterday but my tinnitus doesn't seem to fade. Will update and tell you more after more sessions.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      I had 5 sessions of acupuncture I did not see any improvement,so I asked how many sessions I needed to improve,and I was told we do not know if you will improve so I stopped.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      I did 5 sessions of acupuncture and I DID improve. Waiting for my sixth session. I'm also going to take Chinese herbs because according to my acupuncturist it will stabilize my T.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Just wanted to warn people with noise induced T to avoid electroacupuncture. It made my situation much worse. Needles were place on my left side (effected ear). As soon as the current was implemented I felt it run across the back of my head to the right ear causing a shat storm. I won't go into depressing details but needless to say I now have 3 toned T (right ear) along with consistent pain and life changing H. It's been a year and symptoms remain. I think some of the articles documenting positive results are greatly "doctored" to support the industry. Stay way from it. The odds of it hurting you are far beyond that of helping. Up to date it's the worst decision I've made.

As far as regular acupuncture, go for it.

Good Luck.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      Okay so I definitely improved with a combination of tinnitus and herbs. Check this video out because she explains better than I can do what accupuncture can do for you:
      Things That Help My Tinnitus

• Like Like x 1
    8. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Bleep hi What did your T sound like? Mine is super high pitched and 24/7 (Xanax helps a tiny bit but mostly helps my anxiety) I went for a consultation for acupuncture but my insurance doesn’t cover it so I have to wait until I have some money saved. How much has it reduced your T? And what herbs have you been taking? Thank you

9. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Bleep hey are you still on here?

10. Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      @Dginomobile
      Hi! About the herbs..there are a lot of ingredients, I‘ll post a pic of the ingredients here the next time I‘m online.
      Don‘t expect much of the accupuncture as much as the h

My tinnitus was high pitched and 24/7 as well. Now it’s still high pitched, just not 24/7. Because i havent taken the tea for a while the t is slowly coming back. I hope I am not forever relying on that tea, or if I simply need some more treatments.

Btw, for months I also had pulsatile tinnitus! But i got completely cured of it. Although sooometimes it comes back (once a month)

11. Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      Yes I‘m still here :)

12. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Bleep thank you for your response so when you say don’t expect much of the acupuncture do you mean it didn’t really work? And yes please post a pic when you can :) also was your T in your ears or head and how often is it now since it’s no longer 24/7. Last question do you know what the cause of yours was? Sorry for all the questions, thank you and I’m happy for you that you found relief

13. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.

Good advice!

14. Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      It did work a bit, it helped me to stress less. But the herbs was doing the most. I think you should try a combination of it really. The t was in my ears. Some days it‘s still 24/7, other days it‘s only 5 hours a day. The cause of mine was definitely either stress or an ototoxoc reaction.
      As for the ingredients, see the picture.

Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

15. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Bleep thank you and yes I believe mine was Ototoxic as well either from Augmentin (it started around the time I started the antibiotic) or Ibuprofen that I was taking daily twos before onset (but I’ve been taking ibuprofen my whole life with no issue) however I also took the zpack (2 pills) a week before onset as well but I’ve taken it in the past and never had and issues so I have no clue, I was very stressed during the time of onset as well so not sure if that triggered it? I thought it was from the spinal tap I had on 12/8 because I ended up having a CSF leak that caused a severe headache and read of ppl that got Tinnitus from it but my tinnitus started 7 days after the tap

• Informative Informative x 1
    16. Nics2drescue
      Inspired

Nics2drescue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Bleep Did you find when you got acupuncture your T got worse? I have had two sessions of acupuncture, first time I felt really relaxed although didn't really affect my T. Second session, my T went through the roof. It was unbearable! And there was a plethora of new sounds and I can't sleep with it. Does it get worse before it gets better?

Thanks for your support!
      Nicola

17. Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      Personally, I don‘t think the accupuncture is the reason why your Tinnitus spiked. It might not work for everyone, but it certainly does no harm. No, it didn‘t get worse. But...I do have to mention that before my tinnitus sounds gets decibels lower it always spikes extremely hard for a few days to a week, and then it recovers and becomes decibels lower.

How is your tinnitus now?

18. BobK544

BobK544 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      suspect sulfur medication
      Hi Betty Bleep, can you give us the name of that herb you're taking and is it still working?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    19. Nics2drescue
      Inspired

Nics2drescue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, yeah I think you're right. The acupuncture didn't make it worse, it was probably my self conscious thinking it made it worse. Well anyway, after 3 sessions of acupuncture, my T lowered in intensity for around 1 week but it's back to full swing again. Your T sounds very similar to mine in that it lowers in decibels and then spikes for weeks. I have that too. I might get 1 'quiet' week, then it spikes for around 3-4 weeks or sometimes a couple of months, then I'd get another 'quiet' week and this just repeats. It really makes me wonder though, why do I get that quiet week..what is changing in my body which lowers the T for 1 week then spikes again. I wouldn't be doing anything out of the ordinary any week, so it baffles me.

T bad enough this week. Finding it hard to sleep past few nights.