Adaptable Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ilija, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      I don't know what the hell is wrong with my brain/ears.
      I got Tinnitus sure but I've gotten use to that as it has gone down to air sound levels and I am no longer bothered by it.
      What I am bothered by is the fact that whenever I spend a lot of time around some electrical appliance, be it my PC my TV my friends PC the school projection PC my fridge they all end up producing some new sounds I couldn't hear before which is really annoying I feel like my Tinnitus or Brain is trying to engulf everything into Ringing so that even if I habituate to Tinnitus or if it goes away I might still have this.
      I can't quite explain it but when I got my Tinnitus after a day or two my PC started making my ears ring, then my TV, then my TV in the living room, then the fridge the other day, then my friends PC and the schools.
      I am also able to hear stuff like when my PC is no on I hear a squealing sound which is coming from the power supply.
      All of these have one thing in common I spent a good amount of time with them, which is what seems to trigger this.
      I literally get it from say a TV show.
      If anyone here has watched Sons of Anarchy every time there is a scene on the lot of the club house I hear something that didn't used to be there.
      What is this? how come if I hear a sound a certain amount I "uncover" some new sound that wasn't there before be it ringing,static or some other kind of sound?
      Did anyone have this? is there a chance of this going away?
      I feel like my brain is working against me.
      I don't know if this is with the Tinnitus or if the stress caused it.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.

2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I have this too, its not uncommon, my T sort of gets louder and takes the form of the fan or ac or tv or fridge or anyone one of a million other sounds eventually it will become a non issue, it can go away but i would not stress yourself out trying to figure out every time your T does something weird, it quite unpredictable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Fair enough, got angry and worked out instead of raging.
      It's actually better now.
      Maybe I should start doing sports again.
      Sadly I'm afraid to go back to Judo, the noises are loud cause everyone is falling on mats plus you get bounced a lot.
      Maybe I'll just work out at home or something.