Additional Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sue, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Sue
      Tired

Sue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2013
      I'm almost at 3 years of losing 65% of my hearing in my right ear with tinnitus in the same ear and out of nowhere 2 days ago the tone in my ear changed got full blown vertigo and lost the rest of the hearing in my right ear. Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea why this happens?

I immediately saw my ENT and started 60mg of steroids for 7 says and go back for a hearing test. So hoping I get back what little hearing I had. Any thoughts?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      How are you doing now ?
      Menieres can cause hearing loss and vertigo but ENT will need run a few tests and take your history regarding ear infections and colds and wax build up.
      There are medications to help with vertigo .
      Hope the steroids helped you.....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sue
      Tired

Sue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2013
      Thanks for your reply. Vertigo is better today. Moving slow just to be safe. I was diagnosed with sudden nerve hearing loss they never figured out why which is almost 3 years ago. Vertigo was under control for a long time until now. Just can't figure out how or why this happened out of the blue and lost the rest of what little hearing I had. I wore a hearing aid which was helping the tinnitus. ENT said don't even wear it since it won't help so of course the tinnitus is making me crazy all over again!! Just a moment of silence would be amazing.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Have you had a MRI ?
      Keep pushing for help with medication if vertigo becomes a problem .
      Must be hard to loose your hearing so quickly and hope your other ear is working fine .....lots of love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sue
      Tired

Sue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2013
      Multiple tests including MRI. I'm very thankful my left ear is fine. Thanks for your kind words